PSU v Iowa

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
And I thought we had a late-game collapse? Is anyone watching this?!

Iowa looked like 5th grade team against the press. No disrespect to 5th Graders.

And I thought we had a late-game collapse? Is anyone watching this?!

Better teams tend to come out on top at the end of close games - which is why Minn should be ahead of Wisc in the eyes of a committee, and why Mich should be ahead of Minn. Unfortunately, unless the Badgers lose against Indiana or lose a bad one-and done in the tourney, I doubt they're out. And if Michigan is in, that leaves us as the 8th BT team when probably only 7 will get in...ouch.

was that MN looking for the last shot there? Wow, good team play.

I really don't get it. Penn State is still in very good shape.

How do you figure? Their RPI is bad for an at-large team, and they have at least a trio of "bad" losses (Temple, RI, Iowa).

PSU has a terrible non conference resume complete with some brutal losses. They are far from a lock for the tourney after losing to Iowa.

Our resume is favorable versus Penn State at this point. The claim is that finish in conference is not a big deal to the committee- it's overall record. If so ours is a little better with the Louisville win. Good for the Hawks.

They also have some big wins and a good conference record. I'm not an expert on this stuff by any means so I guess I'm just interested in the facts on the whole situation.

So any experts, take off the Maroon and Gold glasses and tell me who is in better shape, PSU or us? Because I truly have no idea.

If PSU gets in over us at this point I would be pissed. They have at least 2 bad losses, and I would think thier RPI will be back in the 60's or 70's now. We will be in the high 30's or low 40's

Penn State is the only team in the Big Ten we could jump to get in, and they sure aren't doing themselves any favors.

Add in the unbalanced scheduling in the Big Ten, and we'd be 10-8 if we could trade a game against Ohio State for a home game against Iowa.

If PSU gets in over us at this point I would be pissed. They have at least 2 bad losses, and I would think thier RPI will be back in the 60's or 70's now. We will be in the high 30's or low 40's

i think how each does in the BTT will end up having an impact now. that aside if you took the two teams today and looked at the numbers for the entire season one would have to give minnesota the nod over penn state.

Top Bottom