Ad Space

XMan

Reaction score
I realize that the Gopher Hole needs to sell ad space. But doesn't seeing a big red and white W and the state of Wisconsin plastered all over the site just give you a bad vibe?

I realize that the Gopher Hole needs to sell ad space. But doesn't seeing a big red and white W and the state of Wisconsin plastered all over the site just give you a bad vibe?

No, money is money. If every GopherHoler would donate to the Hole, maybe the Admin could be fussier on who advertizes.

Besides, I only read ads that interest me, and Wisconsin does not interest me.

In addition, I don't get any of those ads because I donated enough to GH. It works. Stop complaining and donate the equivalent of a 12-pack of beer per month and you can join some of us.

1. Doesn't the type of ads displayed on your computer have something to do with you search history?
2. If you donate a little bit of money to gopherhole, the ads are disabled. I don't see any of the ads.

GophersInIowa is correct. The ads that show up on the site are directly correlated with search history as well as content on the page. So if there is a thread about Wisconsin, there is a chance an ad could be about Wisconsin.

For the last week, I have consistently been getting a Mississippi Gulf Coast ad in the top right banner (not an issue). What bothers me about it is that it automatically blows up across my screen and plays a video every time I open a thread. And when my mouse accidentally passes over it, it blows up and plays the video again. It's annoying as hell.

/end rant

Top Bottom