Gophs v. UAA: The hell's a seawolf?

CrocShots

Not Minnesota Nice
Reaction score
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Remember last year... Still haunts me... But yes SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

A 5 seed losing to an 8 seed is a disappointing upset. We should be in the driver's seat as a 1 seed against 12 seed, so if Anchorage beats us this year, it would be a Holy Cross situation. Go Gophs, I know we can't gain much beating AA, but so long as we don't get upset, hopefully some teams near us lose their games and we can move up a little in the PWR. Hockey is far and away my favorite Gopher team, let's go boys.

Coming alive in the 2nd period! 2-0 good guys

That was a tough goal at the end of the 2nd. We're dominating and should be up more than a goal.

Gotta get the first goal in the 3rd.

It wasn't pretty but it's a win!!! A MUCH better way to start the series than last year's debacle.

Let's get the sweep!

Go Gophers!!

It wasn't pretty but it's a win!!! A MUCH better way to start the series than last year's debacle.

Let's get the sweep!

Go Gophers!!

I was there tonight. The Gophers totally were the better team but the ref's were about as bad as I have seen. Not taking anything away from the Seawolves goalie who did have a heck of a good game, but there were some totally ridiculous penalties called on the Gophs. On the flipside there should have been at least 4 or 5 called on the Seawolves and the refs continually chose to look away. The fans were really booing the refs and they got booed right out of the building as they skated off the ice afterwards. A win ,but alot of frustrated fans too. Think about it. You outshoot the other team 2-1 so it's obvious the Gophers were in their end most of the night but we get all the penalties called on us? Doesn't make alot of sense.

I was there tonight. The Gophers totally were the better team but the ref's were about as bad as I have seen. Not taking anything away from the Seawolves goalie who did have a heck of a good game, but there were some totally ridiculous penalties called on the Gophs. On the flipside there should have been at least 4 or 5 called on the Seawolves and the refs continually chose to look away. The fans were really booing the refs and they got booed right out of the building as they skated off the ice afterwards. A win ,but alot of frustrated fans too. Think about it. You outshoot the other team 2-1 so it's obvious the Gophers were in their end most of the night but we get all the penalties called on us? Doesn't make alot of sense.

There were some bad calls, but some undisciplined penalties that we took as well. That late hit by Ambroz which lead to the Seawolf goal was definitely a penalty, as was the call on Justin Holl.

There were some bad calls, but some undisciplined penalties that we took as well. That late hit by Ambroz which lead to the Seawolf goal was definitely a penalty, as was the call on Justin Holl.

Agreed. But therein lies how I saw things. The refs really wanted to give UAA as many chances as possible because of how that second goal was scored imo. They therefore willfully missed several calls (about five or six) against the Seawolves trying to even things up best they could. Therefore, it was on us to avoid falling into the trap of giving the refs enough opportunities to give UAA a chance. And the calls on Ambroz and Holl were cases where we became undisciplined and gave them the chance. Need to clean those things up before tonight.

My favorite was with about 5 minutes left and Haula was taken down in front of the AA net as the center pass went past his feet and onto a Seawolves stick...the defense man was actually heading towards the box as the play moved out of the zone and the seawolves coach had to yell to him to keep playing...what a freaking joke. Well at least the boys overcame and held on for the win.

Minnesota sweep UAA. punch there ticket to St Paul and clinch a spot in the NCAA.

Huge win. I think we showed ourselves two things tonight. First, if we let our guard down, we can fall behind anyone. Second, we are capable of coming from behind. Due to our great regular season, only two wins away from another trophy.

Huge win. I think we showed ourselves two things tonight. First, if we let our guard down, we can fall behind anyone. Second, we are capable of coming from behind. Due to our great regular season, only two wins away from another trophy.

Hopefully that game is their wake up call, since other teams they aren't going to have the benefit of doing what they did last night.

Top Bottom