February, 2007

balds

Reaction score
I walk up to you and say "You know what? Next year we will win 20 games and have a top 15 recruiting class. The following year we will win 22 or 23 games and have a top 15 recruiting class."

My point? It's fun to nit-pick the shortcomings and lament the losses, but let's take a moment to enjoy a realistic look at where we have been, where we are, and (most importantly) where we are going.

Amen!

Not to mention...."You will sweep the Badgers in 2009!"

Very well said. I think before this season started, most of us were crossing our fingers that the Gophers would do enough to make the NCAA's, but also thought the NIT might be more realistic and we also figured that year 3 of Tubby ball would be the season to watch. Not only did they sweep Bucky this year, the Gophers also ended their long losing streak to Illinois in convincing fashion, they won three Big Ten road games (when's the last time that happened?), and they collected a very nice non-conference win versus Louisville. They certainly aren't a perfect team, but they have made some very nice strides for the program this year.

(And no, I'm not assuming they're in the NCAA's yet or am looking past the Michigan game)

One problem. We have not swept wiscy yet.... I will not consider it a sweep if we lose to them in the B10 tourney.

Otherwise, youre right, none of us have any right to complain at where the program is, and where it is headed.

I walk up to you and say "You know what? Next year we will win 20 games and have a top 15 recruiting class. The following year we will win 22 or 23 games and have a top 15 recruiting class."

My point? It's fun to nit-pick the shortcomings and lament the losses, but let's take a moment to enjoy a realistic look at where we have been, where we are, and (most importantly) where we are going.

Kentucky fans were saying that in March 2007.

But they missed 20 W (18-13) in 2008. And they're a little short (19-11) of 22 or 23 W in 2009.

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our yesterdays
Have lighted fools the way
To dusty death.

Out! Out! Brief candle.
Life is but a walking shadow.
A poor player that struts and frets
His hours upon the stage
And then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot
Full of sound and fury.
Signifying nothing.

Shakespeare had a fantastic way of telling us:

Yesterday is History.
Tomorrow is a Mystery.
Today is a Gift,
It is called THE PRESENT.

And there is nothing we can do about it, except talk.

I took it as humor, FOT, especially after what is going on in KY now with the rampant spread of rabies there.

Very well said. I think before this season started, most of us were crossing our fingers that the Gophers would do enough to make the NCAA's, but also thought the NIT might be more realistic and we also figured that year 3 of Tubby ball would be the season to watch. Not only did they sweep Bucky this year, the Gophers also ended their long losing streak to Illinois in convincing fashion, they won three Big Ten road games (when's the last time that happened?), and they collected a very nice non-conference win versus Louisville. They certainly aren't a perfect team, but they have made some very nice strides for the program this year.

(And no, I'm not assuming they're in the NCAA's yet or am looking past the Michigan game)

...... and they beat the Big Red. The first team officially in the tounament.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recap?gid=200903060131&prov=ap

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our yesterdays
Have lighted fools the way
To dusty death.

Out! Out! Brief candle.
Life is but a walking shadow.
A poor player that struts and frets
His hours upon the stage
And then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot
Full of sound and fury.
Signifying nothing.

Shakespeare had a fantastic way of telling us:

Yesterday is History.
Tomorrow is a Mystery.
Today is a Gift,
It is called THE PRESENT.

And there is nothing we can do about it, except talk.

If I was Belushi I would smash your laptop right now.

Top Bottom