Gopher Girls

bleedsmaroonandgold

Reaction score
With all the other excitement going on this weekend (senior day for boys bball, the hockey boys quest for the McNaughton Cup, and the girls bball team almost knocking off the top seed in the B1G tourney), it would be easy to forget about the girls hockey team. They embarrassed rival NoDak with the traitorous Lamorieux sisters last night 6-0, putting them in a position where a couple of upsets in other conference tourneys could end their season. Tonight they play against rival UMD for the WCHA tournament crown, and the Bulldogs need the auto-bid to make the NCAAs, so we have a chance to end their season tonight. UMD knocked off top-seed Wisconsin in an upset last night, ensuring that for the Gophs, the road to the title doesn't need to go through the tournaments highest ranked team.

Go Gophs!

Let's not forget the girls again this weekend. They have played a heck of a season, and are two wins away from a national title. I wish I could watch them tonight, but I will be at the X for the guys game. I really hope we get score updates there. There is a solid chance of a national title game between Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Go Gopher Gals! You very well may be seeing a lot of red o'er the next couple of days if things go as expected. Beat Lil Red and Bucky, an epic end to a really good season!

Go Gopher Gals!

Top Bottom