Cornell can wrap up Ivy League title tonight. ...

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
with a win over Penn and a Princeton loss at Columbia.

That would give Gophers their first "win over teams in the bracket."

dont forget

nodak state will be next! smart scheduling by someone !!

NDSU has to win their conference tournament to get the bid. With Ben Woodside, I like their chances. I'll say the Bison over Oakland in the title game.

SS...I predict Bison over Oral Roberts in the title game...and if memory serves me correctly, NDSU won at OR last week, but OR won at NDSU earlier this year. Either way....Let's root for the Bison.

The Bison swept ORU. NDSU's only home loss was an unexpected one, Southern Utah.

Can someone tell me what the deal is with the Summit league that NDSU plays in? Geographically speaking, the conference is just a hodgepodge. It's like the homeless shelter of D1 basketball conferences.

It is a newly formed conference made up of a bunch of former colleges together, then adding in NDSU, SDSU, and I do believe will soon include the U of NoDak, and U of SoDak. But, yes, it is scattered all over, so I believe it will eventually end up with about 12 schools with North and South divisions. That is my opinion and thoughts only.

Edit....Thank you SS for correcting me on the one home loss that NDSU had to SoUte. NDSU also lost at Oakland if memory serves me correctly.

Can someone tell me what the deal is with the Summit league that NDSU plays in? Geographically speaking, the conference is just a hodgepodge. It's like the homeless shelter of D1 basketball conferences.

The Summit has always had trouble retaining members and that has lead to adding some less than ideal schools just to save the auto-bid. I think the conference(then Mid-Con) used to be made up of a lot of members that now call the MVC and Horizon home.

Now the conference wants to tighten its footprint and is on the verge of adding both USD and UND, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the outliers(Southern Utah) leave sometime over the next few years.

By the way, I'm a new member, been lurking all year and decided to take the plunge. Selection Sunday, you're the best, I love these posts you make. Looking forward to joining this community of like minded gopher fans! (for the most part, looking at you Art Vandalay and Gophermanic...)

The Summit has always had trouble retaining members and that has lead to adding some less than ideal schools just to save the auto-bid. I think the conference(then Mid-Con) used to be made up of a lot of members that now call the MVC and Horizon home.

Now the conference wants to tighten its footprint and is on the verge of adding both USD and UND, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the outliers(Southern Utah) leave sometime over the next few years.

You are correct....in the early 90's it had teams such as Youngstown State (now Horizon), Wright State (now Horizon), Cleveland State (now Horizon), UW Green Bay (Now Horizon, Valp (now Horizon), Eastern Illinois (???) to name a few....one thing people can remember this league from is IUPUI's coach kissing the floor a few years ago, and the memorable shot by Bryce Drew in the NCAA tournament.

Top Bottom