Florida State NCAA Problems, also posted on FB Forum

Frankly, this worse then what MN basketball went through since it is throughout the athletic program. As such, these penalties seem light. How about no post-season eligibility for the football team for at least one season?

I also posted on the football site on this topic, but I'll do it again over here because, frankly, the numbers and scope in this case blow my mind.

61 athletes from 10 sports!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: That is simply ridiculous. In our case, it was one sport with about four or five guys. But 61 athletes from 10 sports??? It's actually kind of mind boggling.

Needless to say, the NCAA has a big problem in this case. I would bet they kind of want to let FSU off easy. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's what they decide to do. But with the scope of this kind of scandal, it simply might not be possible. If this situation was truly as out of control as it appears to be on the surface, then the NCAA should throw the book at FSU.

It will be very interesting to see what the NCAA does here. I could see FSU be in really bad shape as an athletic department over about the next year or so.

I'll repeat from the FB site also. Death Penalty eligible...It's happened before at TX Aggies???? or which TX school?

Dr. Don, I think you're thinking of SMU in Texas. They got the death penalty and it wasn't too long after former Gopher Todd Alexander transferred there after getting run out of Dinkytown for stealing.

Go Gophers!!

You are right, Bleed....it was SMU, my apologies to Aggie Land for confusing that. Thanks for setting me straight.

Top Bottom