For the Iowa fans and others who claim

oak_street1981

Reaction score
the weather will be such a big deal at TCF Bank Stadium, I suggest they turn on their TV sets today.

It is miserable in Atlanta with the rain falling in cool weather. There allegedly was snow on the ground in Blacksburg VA today. IT is 38 degrees with rain and sleet flying in Kanas City for the Kansas - Missouri game. It did not look too balmy in Lincoln NE yesterday either.

Did anyone really care???? No...., but weather is somehow a big deal in Minneapolis, and we need a wretched covered facility?

The weather here today on the other hand, would be great right now for an outdoor football game. The weather last Saturday was better than most of other Big 10 game sites.

Why these people continue to insist that weather here is some big deal for a Big Ten football team in November, I will never understand.

In the worst case, I'll take a 29 degree dry day over a 40 degree day with the rain and sleet falling heavily. It is much dryer here in the fall than many of these other cities.

the weather will be such a big deal at TCF Bank Stadium, I suggest they turn on their TV sets today.

It is miserable in Atlanta with the rain falling in cool weather. There allegedly was snow on the ground in Blacksburg VA today. IT is 38 degrees with rain and sleet flying in Kanas City for the Kansas - Missouri game. It did not look too balmy in Lincoln NE yesterday either.

Did anyone really care???? No...., but weather is somehow a big deal in Minneapolis, and we need a wretched covered facility?

The weather here today on the other hand, would be great right now for an outdoor football game. The weather last Saturday was better than most of other Big 10 game sites.

Why these people continue to insist that weather here is some big deal for a Big Ten football team in November, I will never understand.

In the worst case, I'll take a 29 degree dry day over a 40 degree day with the rain and sleet falling heavily. It is much dryer here in the fall than many of these other cities.

not to mention that there is a certain attraction to playing football in the snow.

January

Because people like to pretend that we play college football at home in January.

The season has been over for a week and its 42 and sunny in Minneapolis. The NFL plays outside in December and January yet its too cold in mid November? Give me a break.

Yesterday and today would ideal football weather.

We will play one or two games in November, max. This year we were rear loaded as the Big Ten wouldn't let us play home games in October in case the Twins made the playoffs which will no longer be an issue.

I was in the stands at Wisconsin and it was fantastic. I was in the stands a few years ago in Michigan State when it was raining big time and it was great. I have been in the dome in perfect weather many, many times and it sucks.

Peoples lack of understanding of climatology makes me want to puke.

Most people just don't understand weather very well. All they know is North=cold, South= Hot. This is the equivalent of believing that mathematics consists only of simple addition and subtraction. But weather it is obviously much more complicated than that. I will summarize the essentials:

The South gets colder much faster than the North in the Fall. The South warms up much more quickly than the North in the Spring. This has to do with sun angles and the disparity in daylight. There is more daylight in the summer in the North than the South. There is less Daylight in the North than the South in the Winter. As a result, it takes a much longer time to "get out of winter" in the North. But it also takes a very long time to "get into winter." It is still warmer overall in the South -- so in the Fall it often ends up being almost the same temperature in Virginia as it is in Minnesota in October.

There is rarely a significant difference (one that you can feel based on temperature alone) between places like Iowa and the Twin Cities with the exception of late December-February. If you cross-reference this data with a college football schedule ....

actually, it should be pretty obvious folks! who are the fans you hear say the most BS lies about weather in minneapolis during the big ten season compared to their own? you guessed it. becky to the east and the hogeyes to the south. you barely hear any of this hogwash from ohio state, michigan, penn state, michigan state. why? because it is nothing but a NEGATIVE recruiting tactic becky & the hogeyes attempt to use against the gophers.

probably part of the reason brewster had that official temperature study done for his recruiting work. it proved that the average game time temp in minneapolis was really no worse or better than the majority of the big ten. it was also to help him dispel the lies and half-truths that becky & the hogeyes plant out there in recruits heads that they are all competing for.

another reason you hear the most BS from those jerks is they think if they can somehow convince a recruit from say arkansas or kentucky that iowa city or madison is some magical tropical oasis in november compared to minneapolis that it is to their advantage. however, anyone with even a bit of common sense knows that the weather in minneapolis for fall college football is almost a carbon copy of that in iowa city, madison, east lansing, ann arbor.

And I should care because???

Why should I or any Gopher fan care what Iowa fans think about Minnesota weather? If the Herkies are so concerned about our weather in late November all the better. They will have to come here for one frightfully freezing game and we'll finally have a home field advantage in football again. We can only hope that the rest of the Big Ten is as frightened by our cold weather and the move to the great outdoors.

I hope the weather is a big deal

We then might win some games that we would have lost in the dome. The wind, rain, and snow can turn around a game. It would also be great to throw a snowball and hit a Hawkeye or Badger fan right in their big ugly pie face.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We then might win some games that we would have lost in the dome. The wind, rain, and snow can turn around a game. It would also be great to throw a snowball and hit a Hawkeye or Badger fan right in their big ugly pie face.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what he said!

Let's face it people in the midwest (especially MN) love to complain about the weather. Heck, some people aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. I'm sure there will be games played in TCF Bank Stadium with miserable weather. And you can bet that some of whiny types will be talking about it for years, "Remember that gopher game we went to and it rained the whole game?" etc.

As for me, I'll be enjoying the beautiful fall weather that 90%+ of the games will have and maybe I'll even enjoy a few of the "bad weather" games too.

And in essence

how fitting for the Hawkeyes the next time they visit. There won't be as many and technically they will be able to have sex outside. Oh nellie, you have frostbite on that big lilly white ass!!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's face it people in the midwest (especially MN) love to complain about the weather. Heck, some people aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. I'm sure there will be games played in TCF Bank Stadium with miserable weather. And you can bet that some of whiny types will be talking about it for years, "Remember that gopher game we went to and it rained the whole game?" etc.

As for me, I'll be enjoying the beautiful fall weather that 90%+ of the games will have and maybe I'll even enjoy a few of the "bad weather" games too.

Lived in Virginia and North Carolina for 5 years and they complain so much about the weather. Every time it dropped below 40 degrees, it was so cold according to them. I got so sick of it. Even down here in Iowa, they complain a lot when they have a season with 30+ inches of snow.

Top Bottom