Tubby calling out ed h and refs for no call on andre

station19

Reaction score
going to get his hands slapped.

Can he be fined?

Good for Tubby. Glad to see he cares enough to do it. Eddie H needs to be called out.

Ed needs to do college basketball and particularly the big ten a favor and retire

That play ended up being the turning point in the game. Wisconsin gains 5 points, the three MN didn't get and the two technical free throws. It is unfortunate that the referees punish a team for totally blowing a call. Why would we expect anything else in WI.

That play ended up being the turning point in the game. Wisconsin gains 5 points, the three MN didn't get and the two technical free throws. It is unfortunate that the referees punish a team for totally blowing a call. Why would we expect anything else in WI.

That was one of the turning points. I think the dagger was when WI got the rebound on a missed FT and Taylor made the wide open 3.

Complaining about refs is not my style, but this Hightower guy just sucks. Every game he officiates, there's always missed calls, blown calls, etc. At some point, doesn't the Big Ten realize this and do a review?

Or, I guess, freedom of speech is ignored and the only way to handle the situation is to fine anyone who complains large amounts.

I just hope it causes enough of a ruckus to keep Eddie away from senior day.

How many games has he called for us this year? It seems like every game.

Was at the game, in some close seats. Yeah, that was certainly the hinge point. But the entire game was an Ed Hightower debacle. I've never seen the 'foul game' played so ridiculously. Bo gets T'd up in the first half, and suddenly Wisconsin draws 6 straight fouls. Tubby get's T'd in the 2nd half, and the Gophers draw 4 straight fouls. Foul calling was never based on the rules, it was based on ' how do I keep both coaches satisfied'. Terrible.

Whatever happened to calling the game as it appears in reality, not playing the 'coach appeasement game'?

Since the Badger game, I'm starting to second-guess the idea that Tubby should work the officials more. The team didn't necessarily respond well after he did. When the Grinch blew up, his team got mad and got even. When Tubby blew up, his team seemed to feel sorry for themselves, and they slumped. Maybe the Tubster knows what he's doing - or not doing.

They were "shocked" at the Tubster getting his first "T" as a Gopher coach; plain and simple. In regards to Eddie H, it is all about theatrics and "me" Another guy who would give the Gophers the shaft was Steve Welmer. Mr ."tight pants" as we use to call him. We figured that is why he ran up and down the court like he had a stick up his butt.

They were "shocked" at the Tubster getting his first "T" as a Gopher coach; plain and simple. In regards to Eddie H, it is all about theatrics and "me" Another guy who would give the Gophers the shaft was Steve Welmer. Mr ."tight pants" as we use to call him. We figured that is why he ran up and down the court like he had a stick up his butt.

You're dredging up some memories that are better left undredged. If there were a "nausea" smiley, it would go right here.

Ed's all about the creative call. He's an artiste. He interprets the game more than he really officiates it. Seriously, he wants you to think that he's so good, he sees things that you don't see. I honestly believe that that's his deal.

Somehow Hightower has reffed 12 Final Fours...

Say what you want about Ed Hightower, but make no mistake, it was absolutely, positively Terry Wymer who screwed that game up the other night. He is the guy who T'd up Tubby, meanwhile letting Bo call him every name in the book for most of the night. It was as if there were times Wymer was looking over at Bo to make sure he was getting approval for some of his calls.

Top Bottom