Well boys, 2 games left.....

Reaction score
and we won't have to agonize anymore. 6 losses in a row. 6-28 in our last 34 B1G
games, 2-11,in our last 13 B1G home games. Us and Penn State along with Nebraska the consummate
bottom feeders. When does it end, and does it end with Tubby at the helm?
Stay tuned....

Can we ever get somebody who can put the ball in the hole? Seems we want to pass rather than shoot all the time. We shoot worse from 5 feet than farther out!

and we won't have to agonize anymore. 6 losses in a row. 6-28 in our last 34 B1G
games, 2-11,in our last 13 B1G home games. Us and Penn State along with Nebraska the consummate
bottom feeders. When does it end, and does it end with Tubby at the helm?
Stay tuned....

We have a chance to be a bubble team next year.

Field goal percentages of 31% on Sunday and 23.9%. I'd hate to see what a bad shooting team would shoot, considering this is the "best group of shooters" Tubby has had.

They will probably beat Nebraska on Saturday and then lose first round B10 tourney. Will 18-14/6-12 get them into the NIT? probably not. They will not accept a bid to the CBI. So the Tubby speculation should start in mid March.

considering this is the "best group of shooters" Tubby has had.

That statement should have won Dan Cole's preposterous statement tourney this year.

They will probably beat Nebraska on Saturday and then lose first round B10 tourney. Will 18-14/6-12 get them into the NIT? probably not. They will not accept a bid to the CBI. So the Tubby speculation should start in mid March.

Are you sure?

Field goal percentages of 31% on Sunday and 23.9%. I'd hate to see what a bad shooting team would shoot, considering this is the "best group of shooters" Tubby has had.

Part of the problem is the oppurtunities you are getting. We are five years in and Tubby has recruited one PG that ended up being run off for one reason or another. There is no shot creation on the floor. How can a team expect to compete. Next season is going to be another season that goes by without a PG, why is it going to be any different than this year.

Are you sure?

NO, but Nebraska is the only team we have beat in forever and maybe Ralph and his teammates will show up on senior day. The win is meaningless however as we will not be playing any postseason tourney. For the fans that is probably a good thing as these guys are as brutal a team as I have ever watched.

I would hope they beat Nebraska at home, its not like these past games they have lost have been against teams on Nebraska's level

Didn't we have that chance this year? (to be a bubble team) And every other year? Minnesota's B1G record over the past couple of years is really unbelievable and disappointing. Seeing those numbers is a blow to the gut.

Didn't we have that chance this year? And every other year? Minnesota's B1G record over the past couple of years is really unbelievable and disappointing. Seeing those numbers is a blow to the gut.

Yup, disappointing as usual. It's getting old. Possible bubble team seems to be our high water mark.

Outside shooting wasn't nearly as much of the problem tonight as not being able to make buckets around the basket. We were brutal in the paint tonight.

Part of the problem is the oppurtunities you are getting. We are five years in and Tubby has recruited one PG that ended up being run off for one reason or another. There is no shot creation on the floor. How can a team expect to compete. Next season is going to be another season that goes by without a PG, why is it going to be any different than this year.
It won't be

Outside shooting wasn't nearly as much of the problem tonight as not being able to make buckets around the basket. We were brutal in the paint tonight.

Fully agree. We must have taken at least a half dozen shots in the paint that didn't even draw iron.

It won't be

Writing off the season before it begins. Must be a lot of fun to be a fan of a team that you have no hope for. Personally I have hope that just maybe we'll be as lucky as the vast majority of teams and not have 2 players riding the pine with season-ending injuries. Ya never know, it could happen. Plus I think Dre and Welch will be just fine running the point even if they aren't "true" point guards.

We have a chance to be a bubble team next year.

Also have a chance to be bottom 3 again next year if Rodney bolts to play in Europe and Trevor doesn't get a 6th year. That would still be a very young team.

Top Bottom