Predict the foul and free throw disparity for tonight's game

Art Vandelay

Banned
Reaction score
This could get tricky if either team has to foul intentionally at the end - but Madison is the poster child when it comes to home cookin' from the refs.

I'll say the fouls tonight are 24-11 in favor of Becky and the FT's will be 36-16.

This could get tricky if either team has to foul intentionally at the end - but Madison is the poster child when it comes to home cookin' from the refs.

I'll say the fouls tonight are 24-11 in favor of Becky and the FT's will be 36-16.

The thing you have to remember is that Wisconsin's defense is not predicated on pressure and thus results in both fewer turnovers forced and fewer fouls committed. They're tied for 311th most turnovers forced per game and 272nd in tempo-free terms. This despite the fact that they are the 3rd most efficient defense in the country.

The thing you have to remember is that Wisconsin's defense is not predicated on pressure and thus results in both fewer turnovers forced and fewer fouls committed. They're tied for 311th most turnovers forced per game and 272nd in tempo-free terms. This despite the fact that they are the 3rd most efficient defense in the country.

Agree w/ JTF, Wisky does not foul while playing very good fundamental D; MN has no one to take it to the hoop and no inside game to speak of. I'd be surprised if we hit double digit FT's.

Gophers 17 fouls, Badgers 8 non-fouls (according to Bo).

Gophers 8 FT's, Badgers 26 FT's.

Dear Rodney:

If you drive from base or wing and get 10 free throw attempts, making 7, the Gophers will win in Madison.

(And/or, Bo will get tossed!)

A guy can hope, can't he?

I hate watching Bo and his Grinch face complain about everything at the Kohl center, but at the same time I wish Tubby did the same thing at the Barn

It may depend on how many times Tubby jumps off his chair .... in other words, + 12 fouls for the Gophers and + 15 FT's for Becky.

Top Bottom