Banham named FOY, 2nd team All-Big Ten

overpass

Reaction score
Banham led all Big Ten freshmen with 16.1 points per game, which ranked seventh in the conference, en route to the Freshman of the Year award. The Golden Gopher newcomer earned Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors five times this season and is an All-Big Ten second-team pick. Banham is the second player in Minnesota history to win Freshman of the Year honors, following Janel McCarville in 2002.

Buford was honorable mention All-Big Ten.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/022712aab.html

The only other Gopher player mentioned was Buford as" Honorable Mention" She has two Minnesota recruits coming in for next year, but I believe neither is ranked in the Top 200. It was interesting to note Samatha Prahalas was POY and both Coaches and Media first team
all B1G. She is 4 assists away from being the all-time leader in assists in the B1G. She is also predicted to go in the first round of the WBA. All this from some posters who call her a "good player" Unreal......

The only other Gopher player mentioned was Buford as" Honorable Mention" She has two Minnesota recruits coming in for next year, but I believe neither is ranked in the Top 200. It was interesting to note Samatha Prahalas was POY and both Coaches and Media first team
all B1G. She is 4 assists away from being the all-time leader in assists in the B1G. She is also predicted to go in the first round of the WBA. All this from some posters who call her a "good player" Unreal......

After looking over ESPN's rankings, she has 3 MN players coming in and one is rated in the Top 100. FWIW.

After looking over ESPN's rankings, she has 3 MN players coming in and one is rated in the Top 100. FWIW.

Thanks for the correction MinnMarch. I knew she had two from the state earlier, but I thought neither were ranked. Maybe it will turn out to be a decent class.

Jackie Johnson from Eden Prairie is the ranked player.

Plus, Kayla Hirt was ranked in Top 100 last year but had to redshirt because of ACL tear before the season. That should provide a much needed boost in the post.

Top Bottom