Something to chew on when it's time to fill out your brackets

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Michigan State clinched at least a share of its 7th B1G regular-season title under Tom Izzo. 5 of Izzo's previous 6 conference-championship teams advanced to the Final Four. Izzo's only B1G champion that failed to reach the Final Four was his first, the 1998 Sweet 16 team that lost to #1 seed North Carolina.

Izzo is flat out impressive. He delivers results, time and again.

System? Coaching? Assistants?

What makes that program so special?

Impressive stat. This year's team is no different...good on the glass, solid inside/outside game and a strong will to win. Not sure how I can pick against them.

6 Final Fours in the last 13 years.

Not too shabby.

They should give him The Coach of The Year trophy and let him keep it till he retires.

BarnBurner said:
Izzo is flat out impressive. He delivers results, time and again.

System? Coaching? Assistants?

What makes that program so special?

Izzo is a phenomenal coach who runs a good system. He is employed at a pretty successful program with great facilities and a very talent rich area in Michigan and surrounding states.

MSU is a great great place to be and Izzo is one of the best coaches.

There really isn't a negative to MSU other than it snows sometimes.

I was watching the B1G network the other day and couldn't believe Jud Heathcote was the Michigan State coaching icon over Tom Izzo. Other than the one National Championship they both share. Izzo blows Heathcote out of the water. More wins, better winning percentage, more B1G success and more tournament success.

I was watching the B1G network the other day and couldn't believe Jud Heathcote was the Michigan State coaching icon over Tom Izzo. Other than the one National Championship they both share. Izzo blows Heathcote out of the water. More wins, better winning percentage, more B1G success and more tournament success.

I haven't watched that many of the segments, but aren't they all no longer active?

Impressive stat. This year's team is no different...good on the glass, solid inside/outside game and a strong will to win. Not sure how I can pick against them.

That's the one thing about Izzo's teams. They always seem to be very balanced.

Top Bottom