Projected Big Ten Tournament Bracket

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
There are so many possibilities this weekend, games that are tough to predict (PSU/Iowa, Mich/Minn, Pur/MSU, NW/OSU), but this time let's project the matchups we'll see in Indy next week. These pairings are based on the following predictions:

Penn State beats Iowa
Gophers beat Michigan
Michigan State beats Purdue
Northwestern beats Ohio State
Wisconsin beats Indiana

Thursday, March 12 (1st Round)
11 a.m. (BTN) -- #8 Ohio State (9-9) vs. #9 Michigan (8-10)
1:30 p.m. (ESPN2) -- #7 Northwestern (9-9) vs. #10 Iowa (4-14)
4 p.m. (ESPN2) -- #6 Wisconsin (10-8) vs. #11 Indiana (1-17)

Friday, March 13 (Quarterfinals)
11 a.m. (ESPN) -- #1 Michigan State (15-3) vs. Ohio State/Michigan winner
1:30 p.m. (ESPN) -- #4 Purdue (11-7) vs. #5 GOPHERS (10-8)
5:30 p.m. (BTN) -- #2 Penn State (11-7) vs. Northwestern/Iowa winner
8 p.m. -- (BTN) #3 Illinois (11-7) vs. Wisconsin/Indiana winner

I don't really want Purdue. But then again, a win against them would be a nice boost to our seed potentially.

OK you asked for it......

I think it's unlikely it falls out as you suggest. What are the pairings if all home teams win?

I would really love another shot at Purdue, but would not be too excited about the game after that if it's MSU. IF we do get there, another Indiana would be nice.

i like the 4/5 spot.........

if we play anybody but Wisconsin. We'd have nothing to lose and much to gain if we take on Purdue, Ill, OSU, PSU not so much if it's the Badgers.

the way that bracket shapes up I would love to watch that Michigan State Ohio State match up. That would be a very good game I think. For some reason though I just can't see Penn State finishing #2 in the Big Ten. Too much of a foreign concept I guess.

As a Badger fan, I would take that bracket in a heartbeat. Another win on the resume, even if it's against IU, and very beatable teams in Illinois and Penn St. on that side of the bracket. Michigan St. and Purdue are the best teams, in my opinion, so sticking them in the other half would be nice.

Selection, what happens if you flip only the NW/OSU game to an OSU win? Great work.

In most years I wouldn't mind the first day so much when needing just one more victory, but this year only Indiana is easy and so I really hope it plays out just like this and we beat Michigan saturday and get the first round bye.

I think it's unlikely it falls out as you suggest. What are the pairings if all home teams win?

The seedings would be:
1. MSU
2. Illinois
3. Purdue
4. Minnesota
5. Wisconsin
6. OSU
7. PSU
8. Michigan
9. NU
10. Iowa
11. Indiana

Thursday, March 12 (1st Round)
11 a.m. (BTN) -- #8 Michigan (8-10) vs. #9 Northwestern (8-10)
1:30 p.m. (ESPN2) -- #7 Penn State (10-8) vs. #10 Iowa (4-14)
4 p.m. (ESPN2) -- #6 Ohio State (10-8) vs. #11 Indiana (1-17)

Friday, March 13 (Quarterfinals)
11 a.m. (ESPN) -- #1 Michigan State (15-3) vs. Michigan/Northwestern winner
1:30 p.m. (ESPN) -- #4 GOPHERS (10-8) vs. #5 Wisconsin (10-8)
5:30 p.m. (BTN) -- #2 Illinois (11-7) vs. Penn State/Iowa winner
8 p.m. -- (BTN) #3 Purdue (11-7) vs. Ohio State/Indiana winner

I didn't actually look up the tie breaker for Michigan vs. Northwestern but it doesn't matter because they are 8 and 9 and playing each other regardless of who wins the tie breaker.

As a Badger fan, I would take that bracket in a heartbeat. Another win on the resume, even if it's against IU, and very beatable teams in Illinois and Penn St. on that side of the bracket. Michigan St. and Purdue are the best teams, in my opinion, so sticking them in the other half would be nice.

Selection, what happens if you flip only the NW/OSU game to an OSU win? Great work.

Wisconsin wins the tie breaker versus Ohio State so they keep the 6 seed. Ohio State moves to the 7 seed and Michigan & NU meet in the 8-9 game.

Top Bottom