EMBARRASSING

maliksealy

Reaction score
This is one of the most disappointing performances I've seen in the last 10 years. No fight, no desire, ZERO leadership, lack of coaching, no fire. Just going through the motions would be a generous explanation of the effort today.

It's sad when 3 freshman and a sophomore are the only guys who decided they wanted to play today.

Great job by Ralph though too to really play hard and step up the first half. Other than that. This is ugly. Absolutely disgusting. This is Bruce Weber / Illinois bad.

Yeah this brutal to watch, its funny how many times in sports do you see a team lose a heartbreaking emotional game like the Gophers did on Wednesday and then get run over their next game. Not making any excuses for this pathetic effort though.

It's what you should expect when five individuals attempt to compete with a team.

Do we run the stall here to avoid losing by 30?

If we were out classed and out manned it would be a different story. But there was no excuse really for that performance. No reason we shouldn't be able to compete.

It's sad when 3 freshman and a sophomore are the only guys who decided they wanted to play today.

Great job by Ralph though too to really play hard and step up the first half. Other than that. This is ugly. Absolutely disgusting. This is Bruce Weber / Illinois bad.

Donna, I would refrain from labeling anyone else based on what is happening at Williams right now.....

Maybe that says something.

fan of Ray Williams said:
Yeah, I wonder what Ol' Tubby is going to say at the presser after the game?

Get your popcorn ready.

Yeah, I wonder what Ol' Tubby is going to say at the presser after the game?

He should start by apologizing to the university and the fans that shelled out money to watch that crap.

After that, the less he says the better.

The red light has officially come on for Tubby. No AD. No Practice Facility. Stubbornly proceeding with a seating plan that will suck what little life is left in the Barn. We have a complete disaster on our hands.

The red light has officially come on for Tubby. No AD. No Practice Facility. Stubbornly proceeding with a seating plan that will suck what little life is left in the Barn. We have a complete disaster on our hands.

The seating program is the one hope we have Howeda. I think that they know they are headed for a major, major disaster unless they announce something major. I think something is going to happen, new assistants (I've got one in mind :) ), practice facility, or even.....

I was standing the restroom line at halftime next to the Gopher Points information table. About 3 or 4 people were just giving it to these poor kids from the Gopher Marketing Department about having to pay the additional fee next year with how this season has panned out. Needless to say, we'll be lucky to draw 10,000 for Big Ten games next year.

The seating program is the one hope we have Howeda. I think that they know they are headed for a major, major disaster unless they announce something major. I think something is going to happen, new assistants (I've got one in mind :) ), practice facility, or even.....

The only way it's a good thing is if they announce a practice facility in conjunction. Otherwise you're going to be playing in front of 8,000 for non-conference and 10,000 for B1G games and for what? I'd like to think they know what's needed, but nothing in the past few years suggests this.

We won't even have an AD until July 1. I predict they'll proceed with Tubby's extension and the ticket plan with no changes to the staff and no practice facility. Meanwhile, after the way the team quit today, there's no way there won't be a transfer or two. Next year could be scary.

If the powers that be can't realize the poor state of the basketball program we are in big trouble.

Only a fool would extend the coach contract.

If the powers that be can't realize the poor state of the basketball program we are in big trouble.

Only a fool would extend the coach contract.

They can't afford the buyout. Put the buyout money- if they do have it- toward the practice facility. Make a deal with Saunders to become assit. head coach and successor to Tubby in two years. The town would be buzzing and the players would love it. I'm not saying that's the best coaching move they can make but it's the best they can probably do to pull a rabbit out of the hat here.

They can't afford the buyout. Put the buyout money- if they do have it- toward the practice facility. Make a deal with Saunders to become assit. head coach and successor to Tubby in two years. The town would be buzzing and the players would love it. I'm not saying that's the best coaching move they can make but it's the best they can probably do to pull a rabbit out of the hat here.

That might be a tough deal to make.

Question is: Are we getting to the point where we can't afford NOT TO MAKE THE BUYOUT?

That might be a tough deal to make.

Question is: Are we getting to the point where we can't afford NOT TO MAKE THE BUYOUT?

Someone in the ticket office/admin should be able to figure this number out pretty easily with the new ticket program in place. If the difference between keeping Tubby or hiring Flip/mid-major flavor of the month is greater than the buyout, then there is the answer. I think the status quo or hiring a mid-major coach would probably yield the same results as far as ticket renewals. I think Flip would provide a significant infusion of interest/excitement, though that shouldn't be the reason to make a move or hire Flip. You have to do what's in the best long-term interest for the program, though I've said for a long time that I am very concerned about coming off two years like we will be coming off and implementing this ticket program as we could lose season ticket holders for a long time.

This program desperately needs something to get excited about. Right now we don't have much.

Go Gophers!!

BleedGopher said:
Someone in the ticket office/admin should be able to figure this number out pretty easily with the new ticket program in place. If the difference between keeping Tubby or hiring Flip/mid-major flavor of the month is greater than the buyout, then there is the answer. I think the status quo or hiring a mid-major coach would probably yield the same results as far as ticket renewals. I think Flip would provide a significant infusion of interest/excitement, though that shouldn't be the reason to make a move or hire Flip. You have to do what's in the best long-term interest for the program, though I've said for a long time that I am very concerned about coming off two years like we will be coming off and implementing this ticket program as we could lose season ticket holders for a long time.

This program desperately needs something to get excited about. Right now we don't have much.

Go Gophers!!

I'm not sure who the other big mid major guys are. However, I think Brad Stevens stays put. Shaka smart maybe you can get or the coach of murray state maybe?

When players are starting to question the coach publicly, blaming each other, the coach seems to be out of it. You need to start to wonder.

Smart would be my dream hire though, even if he is from Madison.

The thing I am most terrified of is losing Andre. He is easily, by far, my favorite Gopher. No matter what you do with the coach, make sure they can keep Dre. Whether it is Tubby or someone else. I'd hate to see him go.

I'm not sure who the other big mid major guys are. However, I think Brad Stevens stays put. Shaka smart maybe you can get or the coach of murray state maybe?

When players are starting to question the coach publicly, blaming each other, the coach seems to be out of it. You need to start to wonder.

Smart would be my dream hire though, even if he is from Madison.

The thing I am most terrified of is losing Andre. He is easily, by far, my favorite Gopher. No matter what you do with the coach, make sure they can keep Dre. Whether it is Tubby or someone else. I'd hate to see him go.

Something has been wrong for a while.....

If we were out classed and out manned it would be a different story. But there was no excuse really for that performance. No reason we shouldn't be able to compete.

We can continue to say there's no reason and continue to not compete as we haven't in FB or BB for decades. Or we can find the reason, admit it, and correct it -- if it's a correctable condition.

BarnBurner said:
Finally seeing the light Donna?

Something has been wrong for a while.....

Not seeing any light BB.

Merely considering other opinions, as I always do, as more information (games) becomes available.

My issue with you, and others, has never been due to your position on tubby. It is the fact you act like a 4 year old. As you continue to show.

Not seeing any light BB.

Merely considering other opinions, as I always do, as more information (games) becomes available.

My issue with you, and others, has never been due to your position on tubby. It is the fact you act like a 4 year old. As you continue to show.

It has everything to do with my position on tubby. Something is and has been wrong in the program, and you and some others would not acknowledge it. You dont like it when reality slaps you ion the face.

BarnBurner said:
It has everything to do with my position on tubby. Something is and has been wrong in the program, and you and some others would not acknowledge it. You dont like it when reality slaps you ion the face.

Wrong again.

I enjoy discussion with many people who are critical of Tubby. I have been before myself.

You (and others) continue to believe you have been sent here by a higher power to do the bidding of the great men who don't accept mediocrity and are persecuted for this by the heathens of Gopherhole.

When it is now and always has been because you act like 4 year olds. End of story.

Top Bottom