Reusse: 2-year extension for Tubby is coming

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
359i7px.jpg

What does the bottom one have to do with anything? Or is that what the note the long-time basketball man gave him?

It was two tweets. you can only have so many characters in one tweet.

Hasn't a two year extension been on the table for about two years now?

It was two tweets. you can only have so many characters in one tweet.
Oh, ok. Didn't catch the two tweet thing. I don't spend much time on Twitter. And yes, the extension has been on the table for 2 years. Maybe it is a new one?

About the only reason it makes sense now is for Recruiting or to complete a deal that has been done for sometime. But didn't Pres K, state nothing would happen until a new AD was hired?

About the only reason it makes sense now is for Recruiting or to complete a deal that has been done for sometime. But didn't Pres K, state nothing would happen until a new AD was hired?
I think he said he would look at the possibility of an extension. Hopefully it is one with a low base-salary.

Crackhouse said:

I thought it was just during the season?

That's what I thought.

Maturi extension? I guess Tubby is getting fired next season.

If the contract has been on the table, as an offer from the U of M and not Maturi, doesn't Tubby just have to sign it? Is Tubby waiting for a Practice Facility Clause?

If the contract has been on the table, as an offer from the U of M and not Maturi, doesn't Tubby just have to sign it? Is Tubby waiting for a Practice Facility Clause?
It was with the lawyers for 2 years. Who knows what that means. Could be practice facility related.

Wait...Dpo...are you telling us you follow Reusse on twitter?

If so, good lord, why?

Yes. *Hangs head in shame.* He is an insufferable d*ck, but he does pass along good info from time-to-time (case in point). I actually have quite a few people I follow who I can't stand because they pass along good info. Joe Schmit, Marcus Fuller, Myron Medcalf (when he was here), Justin Gaard, etc. Phil Mackey is the biggest knob on the planet and I even follow him.

Yes. *Hangs head in shame.* He is an insufferable d*ck, but he does pass along good info from time-to-time (case in point). I actually have quite a few people I follow who I can't stand because they pass along good info. Joe Schmit, Marcus Fuller, Myron Medcalf (when he was here), Justin Gaard, etc. Phil Mackey is the biggest knob on the planet and I even follow him.

+1. Guilty

Kaler has said two things regarding extensions

1. There will be no extensions or talk of extensions during the season
2. He is open to extensions prior to the new AD being hired.

If anything, this extension is more for the benefit of attracting AD candidates. Who would take a job when their first big decision would piss off 50% of gopher fans?

And how about a contract that is 90% incentives based for Tubby and guarantees a practice facility?

Seems like it would make everyone that is neither Tubby nor the U happy.

And how about a contract that is 90% incentives based for Tubby and guarantees a practice facility?

Seems like it would make everyone that is neither Tubby nor the U happy.

At this point the offer should be base pay of $1 mil

$500k for a .500 BIG record

$250k for selection in the NCAA Tourney

$250K for a top 20 recruiting class the following spring (based on Scout not on Rivals or ESPN. I be willing negotiate the average of the three however, if i were AD)

$1Mil in deferred compensation that is used to purchase stock for Facebook thus yielding $20 mil & naming rights to the "Tubby Smith Practice Facility." 5 years from now we can break ground on it.

At this point the offer should be base pay of $1 mil

$500k for a .500 BIG record

$250k for selection in the NCAA Tourney

$250K for a top 20 recruiting class the following spring (based on Scout not on Rivals or ESPN. I be willing negotiate the average of the three however, if i were AD)

$1Mil in deferred compensation that is used to purchase stock for Facebook thus yielding $20 mil & naming rights to the "Tubby Smith Practice Facility." 5 years from now we can break ground on it.
A couple points I disagree on:
I'd say $350k for a .500 B1G record then add $650k for B1G regular season champs
$250k for winning the B1G Tournament
Why does the rankings need to based on scout?
Why would we wait that long to break ground on the practice facility when we need one NOW?

A couple points I disagree on:
I'd say $350k for a .500 B1G record then add $650k for B1G regular season champs
$250k for winning the B1G Tournament
Why does the rankings need to based on scout?
Why would we wait that long to break ground on the practice facility when we need one NOW?

I agree I was typing a little two quickly on my thought process with the BIG Tourney needing to be in there, as well.

I was being sarcastic on the Scout idea. I think it may be better to pay Tubby a $250k bonus if his entire recruiting class finishes their tenure without transferring.

Or perhaps a split payment. $100k for top 20 class (now based on the average of the three sites or a mutually agreed upon 3 party arbitrator) $100k for graduation rate and $50k for no one transferring. Extra $50k if anyone is developed into a lottery pick.

I just figured that over 5 years the stock purchase would yield enough windfall not to touch the principle of the Facebook stock and that account can continue to grow to then build a new Arena.

Absolutely!

+1
I hate rating recruiting classes on the way in. Recruiting classes should be ranked based on how many games they win over the four years they are at the school. I would like to see 10 B1G wins as the mark for the first incentive, not .500. I want to reward making this a winning program, rather than merely not a losing program.

Top Bottom