At least we don't have Pat Knight as a coach

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
You think Tubby throws kids under the bus?

This is how you throw kids under the bus.

He starts his rant by kicking one of the players off the dais with the line "Alright I’m next, you don’t have a clue to what it takes to win a game.”

Way to set an example of leadership Patty boy.

Hopefully he's not a quitter like his father. Funny how ESPN never mentions that Pat's father quit on his last Texas Tech team.

• “When I played, if you acted like some of these guys did, you got shoved in a locker with a forearm against your neck and told, ‘You don’t do that. That’s not how we do things here at Indiana.’ And that’s what we need.” Geez...I wonder who that forearm belonged to?

He came up with some good analogies on the fly. "We're a bunch of tinmen with no heart!"

Pat Knight did what he had to do, clearly his message wasn't getting through in the locker room, so maybe some public admonishment will serve as a motivating factor.

Coaches talk about players in the media ALL THE TIME. Only fans in comment sections and message boards complain about it when they're losing.

Sounds like the program is a total mess. If they truly have no control over the seniors....troubles on and off the court, in the classroom, drugs, etc. then he has a lot of work to do.

With the spoiled "don't put down a kid" analogy of today's instant gratification kids...More should be kicked under the bus instead of giving all of them a blue ribbon for good effort.

Tell it like it is, Pat Knight.

Well in Pat Knight's defense, he normally is much calmer, much more in control of himself and much less prone to emotional tantrums and outbursts than his father was, so maybe there's some validity to what he's saying, and maybe that's what those seniors needed to hear. Sometimes enough is just enough, and if those players attitudes and behaviors are that terrible so that he actually feels that they're stealing money from the school in the form of their scholarships, then maybe he was justified to tear them apart like that.

My question though is, if things are truly at that point, then why not bench those seniors and go with the underclassmen? I realize those seniors are his best players and Knight obviously wants to win, but what better message to send to his underclassmen than to show them that type of behavior simply will not be allowed, and you do that by benching the offending players and wins and losses be damned. I know it's not that easy, but still, if things are truly that bad....

per Pat Forde:

"Pat Knight post-rant update: Lamar now 5-0 since and into Southland Conference final."

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully he's not a quitter like his father. Funny how ESPN never mentions that Pat's father quit on his last Texas Tech team.

SS, I am a great admirer of your posts, but hopefully this was sarcasm that just passed me by. BK retired at 67 +/-. He'd coached probably pushing up on 2,000 games.
"Quiter" . . . Seriously?

I'll admit that I'm a BK man-whore, but your post is pretty hard to figure.

SS, I am a great admirer of your posts, but hopefully this was sarcasm that just passed me by. BK retired at 67 +/-. He'd coached probably pushing up on 2,000 games.
"Quiter" . . . Seriously?

I'll admit that I'm a BK man-whore, but your post is pretty hard to figure.

Bob Knight QUIT on his last team at TT in the middle of the season.

Sometimes kids need to get their asses chewed in real life too.

Pat Knight Just Did Some Strait Talk

Sometimes kids need to get their asses chewed in real life too.

I have no problem at all with what Pat Knight said. He was not out of control. He was actually pretty calm. He just felt the time had come for some public strait talk. No cursing. No sarcasm. No name calling. No red faced screaming. I would bet that some of these players never had a daddy at home who would take the time to care enough to talk strait with them. Well, they have a daddy now.

Top Bottom