IL vs PSU

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
I can't help but laugh out loud...

Anyone just hear Steve Lavin's comment regarding Stanley Pringle hitting that last three?

"...and Pringle, calm and relaxed, just stroking one in the corner..."

People who know his history might get a kick out of that one

please explain...

also that was fucking terrible...COME ON ILLINOIS that is AWFUL. hit your FT Davis.

Garbage! Mich game is almost a must win now. Very important game on sat. if your going please be early and be loud! I wish I could be there

The Michigan game is now probably a must win. I can't believe IL let that one get away.

That game really hurt Michigan and Northwestern, not great for us, but not crippling by any means. Actually it might be good, if Penn St gets the 4, then we could get the 5 with a win over Michigan. That would be a very winnable game on a neutral court. If Penn St had lost and we beat Michigan and qualify for the 4, then Wisconsin could have grabbed that 5. Much tougher game in the BTT IMO.

Ill has been so overrated all season! Bruce Weber is a great recruiter but look at the athletes he has put together...kind of a weird group. I know he has some studs coming in. The big 10 looks to be a really powerhouse conf in the next years now that PSU, NW, MIch, and now us on the way up. All that leaves is poor old Iowa as a cupcake! :D

That game really hurt Michigan and Northwestern, not great for us, but not crippling by any means. Actually it might be good, if Penn St gets the 4, then we could get the 5 with a win over Michigan. That would be a very winnable game on a neutral court. If Penn St had lost and we beat Michigan and qualify for the 4, then Wisconsin could have grabbed that 5. Much tougher game in the BTT IMO.

If Penn St. beats Iowa and Purdue loses at Michigan St, Penn St is going to be the #2 seed.

I can't help but laugh out loud...

Anyone just hear Steve Lavin's comment regarding Stanley Pringle hitting that last three?

"...and Pringle, calm and relaxed, just stroking one in the corner..."

People who know his history might get a kick out of that one

Golden quote by steve lavin!!! Keep that guy out of your neighborhood library ;)

agree with what up guy. i think penn state beating illinois actually hurts michigan & northwestern even more than it hurts us or even wisconsin for that matter. don't give two sh!ts about wisconsin, but just using them as an example to make my point. personally, i think the gophers are already in the dance. let's make it easy and win on saturday to quickly remove any doubt that may still linger with those who peruse this board.

another way to say it - i think if we win even one of our next two games then the gophers are dancing this march.

What's Up Guy is right that this Penn State win could be good for us in the Big Ten tourney. But if Penn State beats Iowa (likely) and we beat Michigan, then we get Illinois or Purdue in the 4/5 game. Upset time!

How did I miss that? Pringle beating his meat in the library...you know what they say about Pringles, once you pop, you can't stop.

It's tough at the end. Great ending for a big 10 season. you'd like it to be all wrapped up but given that it isn't we're still in pretty good position. no matter what we are at worst a middlin bubble team. It would be nice to take the guess work out and wrap it up Saturday.

We probably need just one more win. Even if we lose we get an easier game in round one, so all hope isn't lost. Of course as we're learning there is only one easy team in the B10 this year and they have been playing better. So we better just beat Michigan and not roll the dice.

We won't play PSU in a 4-5 game unless they lose to Iowa, Wisconsin loses to Indiana, and OSU loses to NU. That seems like an unlikely scenario to me.

If PSU loses to Iowa, we win and Wisconsin wins we're still playing Wiscy in a 4-5 match up and PSU falls all the way to 6th or 7th depending on OSU vs. NU.

If PSU wins and we win we're playing either Purdue or Illinois depending on whether Purdue can win at MSU (unlikely, so we'd draw a 4-5 vs. Purdue).

We won't play PSU in a 4-5 game unless they lose to Iowa, Wisconsin loses to Indiana, and OSU loses to NU. That seems like an unlikely scenario to me.

If PSU loses to Iowa, we win and Wisconsin wins we're still playing Wiscy in a 4-5 match up and PSU falls all the way to 6th or 7th depending on OSU vs. NU.

If PSU wins and we win we're playing either Purdue or Illinois depending on whether Purdue can win at MSU (unlikely, so we'd draw a 4-5 vs. Purdue).

thanks for the clarification...

Iowa has been pretty tough lately. It wouldn't shock me to see Iowa beat Penn St.

Top Bottom