Good game guys, MSU stole one tonight

Justinc882

Reaction score
That's why i hate playing on the road. This game reminded me a lot of a few years ago when you guys were taking it to us until Lucas took over down the stretch. Feel bad for you guys and your team. Good game though I know it's hard to take considering you had that lead for awhile and we kept doing stupid stuff over and over but still good game I was cussing and nervous all second half.

That's why i hate playing on the road. This game reminded me a lot of a few years ago when you guys were taking it to us until Lucas took over down the stretch. Feel bad for you guys and your team. Good game though I know it's hard to take considering you had that lead for awhile and we kept doing stupid stuff over and over but still good game I was cussing and nervous all second half.

Stole it? We gave it to them!

Stole it? We gave it to them!

Absolutely. When you have a lead, and then go on a stretch where MSU scores on 6 straight possessions and we get one shot over the course of 5 straight possessions (which was an airballed 3), you send a strong statement that you have no business dancing in March.

GL tweeted he was there.

Wow. I wonder if his postgame thoughts consist more of this: "I want to be a part of that MSU program. They know how to win."

Or this: "The Gophers played scared at the end. I want to be the go-to guy who turns that program around."

Sadly, given the whispers around here, I think I have a feeling which way he's leaning. Absolute heartbreaker tonight. Again.

You could see the body language change at about the 5:30 mark. I thought, this game is over with.
Sadly, I was right.

Thanks!

The Gophers need someone that wants to come in and change the program around. The Gophers have too many "what ifs". The Gophers need someone to come in and put the team on his back. Tyus, you would be a legend at MN. Come turn this thing around!

Mixed bag.

Played the first 30-35 min with great energy and execution. Why can't they finish the game that way.

Played the first 30-35 min with great energy and execution. Why can't they play every game that way.

:confused:

Mixed bag.

Played the first 30-35 min with great energy and execution. Why can't they finish the game that way.

Played the first 30-35 min with great energy and execution. Why can't they play every game that way.

:confused:

They have no confidence in themselves, in each other, or (IMO) in their coaches. You can't keep going like this and not start to question everything. Also, there is no leader to get them through the critical times. Just hope somebody develops into a Green or Taylor type. Joe or Andre maybe? Don't see it happening to anyone else although there are some pieces there.

They have no confidence in themselves, in each other, or (IMO) in their coaches. You can't keep going like this and not start to question everything. Also, there is no leader to get them through the critical times. Just hope somebody develops into a Green or Taylor type. Joe or Andre maybe? Don't see it happening to anyone else although there are some pieces there.

Of all the things you mentioned, I think leadsership on the court is the biggest thing.

You need a guy that will control the game and say, I am the coach on the floor, follow me. I will take the charge on the game winning drive, I will rebound the missed free throw to give us the lead. I will make the perfect pass to the open shooter to win it. The guy who when he has the ball, everyone trusts. Usually that is the PG, but this year for us it was Trevor. For MSU it is Draymond. Wisconsin it is Taylor. My hope and thought is that Andre will be that guy soon. I don't think he was ready this year, but hopefully next year.

The guy doesn't have to be able to create a shot and hit a fall away with 4 defenders on him to be that, he just has to be smart and confident in whatever he does. If it is a screen, a pass, playing defense, etc. and he has to set the tone for his teammates and get them to realize they can do this. They have to realize Tubby is the coach on the sideline and they are the coach on the court. They have control over the game. They need to be confident that even if they go against the coach, they won't get in trouble because they know they are right. They see things that the coach doesn't since they are on the floor.

Ever seen an NBA huddle and guys like Kobe, MJ, will take the clip board from the coach and tell the guys what to do. They know what they see out there. They know the scouting report word for word and they don't care what the coach says, because they know, 100% what is going to work. Not saying the Gophers need Kobe or MJ, but they need a guy confident enough to do that. Not just to shoot, but to make the right call.

Someone said Welch was attacking at the end of the MSU game and stopped because Tubby yelled. If Welch KNOWS that is the right play to attack and KNOWS he can finish it, take it. If he does that and they win, what is Tubby going to say? The guys just have to be confident enough that they know what to do to win the game.

That coach on the floor is so important to any team. Westbrook was very good at that. He played BIG minutes. Tubby may have yelled at him, but whatever. Westbrook was confident in himself. Sometimes too confident in the shot rather than a pass, but he knew what it took to win and he did it. You just can't let the yelling get to you and play your game. Every coach yells.

Top Bottom