What are we looking for? MSU Tomorrow

WBLGold

Reaction score
What could give us a win tomorrow?

1. Open the offense up: Pushing the ball, Shooting the open 3 in transition, make if a fast paced game where our players can play on instinct.

2. Match their defensive intensity by pressuring the ball, trapping when available and playing physical on the inside.

3. Don’t back down from the physical play. We may have a few people foul out but I don’t want to see us play scared.

4. See Ralph and Elliott play together. Both can run the floor well. Get Ralph’s midrange shot going to open the offense more.

5. But as we all know it will come down to rebounding. It would be nice to see Ralph, Elliott, Otto, and Rodney come up with rebounds so we don’t have to rely on our guards to rebound.

6. With President Kaler at the game I would like to see the Bird or Bat in the rafters to continue to put the pressure on the administration to upgrade the basketball facilities.

As composing this list I am thinking I could have posted this before every game (with the exception of #4 Ralph and Elliott together).

I want to see them battle like hell like they did on the road. MSU won't be playing zone, so I would be interested in seeing us ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK.

realistically, I am looking forward to a Famous Dave's Pork sandwich before the game and some Dewey's popcorn for the 2nd half. It is safe to say that my expectations for the outcome have been lowered.

I'm expecting a W so that the game against Indiana actually means something.

I want to see fight, I want them to play like their lives depend on this one game alone.

I also want to see them take care of the ball, cause if they do that, this game will be close, and they will have a shot to win it IMO.

I'm looking for one thing and one thing only - a win. Looking good in a loss does nothing for this team. Looking bad in a win is just fine by me.

I really could care less how it happens - just get the W and that will give meaning to the Indiana game.

Go Gophers!!

Agree with Bleed. Nothing less than a win. Especially the way MSU is playing now, beating Sparty would carry a lot of cache. Certainly hope it would give the Gophers some confidence, too.

realistically, I am looking forward to a Famous Dave's Pork sandwich before the game and some Dewey's popcorn for the 2nd half. It is safe to say that my expectations for the outcome have been lowered.

Now that's just funny right there. :clap::clap::clap:

For myself I'm expecting the Gophers to win.

What could give us a win tomorrow?

1. Open the offense up: Pushing the ball, Shooting the open 3 in transition, make if a fast paced game where our players can play on instinct.

2. Match their defensive intensity by pressuring the ball, trapping when available and playing physical on the inside.

3. Don’t back down from the physical play. We may have a few people foul out but I don’t want to see us play scared.

4. See Ralph and Elliott play together. Both can run the floor well. Get Ralph’s midrange shot going to open the offense more.

5. But as we all know it will come down to rebounding. It would be nice to see Ralph, Elliott, Otto, and Rodney come up with rebounds so we don’t have to rely on our guards to rebound.

6. With President Kaler at the game I would like to see the Bird or Bat in the rafters to continue to put the pressure on the administration to upgrade the basketball facilities.

As composing this list I am thinking I could have posted this before every game (with the exception of #4 Ralph and Elliott together).

As a State fan, I think #1 would kinda play into MSU's hands as we would rather run and play of fast break type game then what we are always forced to do is play a half court game.
#2) Pressure is our achielles heel. This is very good strategy.
#3) A physical game allowed by the refs probably favors MSU
#4) Sampson and Elliot togeather. It would be like us playing Nix and Payne at the same time...we just have never done it as the O would suffer.
#5)As far as rebounding, MSU is #3 in the nation, but Purdue out boarded us on Sunday, It can be done.
#6) ???? aw what the hell, a bird and bat in the rafters has to be a very good thing.

Good Luck, your barn always scares me.....it
kinda feels like a haunted Arena.

I'm expecting a W so that the game against Indiana actually means something.

Now that's just funny right there. :clap::clap::clap:

For myself I'm expecting the Gophers to win.
Do you guys mean "expecting" like you'll be mad if they don't win? If so, I'd say lower your expectations. This is one of those games the Gophers shouldn't win.

Agree with Bleed. Nothing less than a win. Especially the way MSU is playing now, beating Sparty would carry a lot of cache. Certainly hope it would give the Gophers some confidence, too.

True. It would also shut a lot of people up around here.

True. It would also shut a lot of people up around here.

Possible, but not likely. If the Gophers win tomorrow night, then what we'll hear is Michigan State is not that good and/or the Big Ten sucks.

Gophers lost 10 of their final 11 games last year.

Have lost 5 of last 7 this year, with 4 games to play.

Let's see if they have some basketballs.

from cbs:

Coach Tom Izzo believes he has one of his best teams in East Lansing -- including his six Final Four participants -- though he won't celebrate until the goals are accomplished.

"We're happy where we are, but we realize we've got a lot of work to do if we're going to compete for this thing in the end," Izzo said.

lets just hope tyusJ and rashadV aren't watching.

I'm sure both will be at The Barn tomorrow night, schedules permitting.

from cbs:

Coach Tom Izzo believes he has one of his best teams in East Lansing -- including his six Final Four participants -- though he won't celebrate until the goals are accomplished.

"We're happy where we are, but we realize we've got a lot of work to do if we're going to compete for this thing in the end," Izzo said.

lets just hope tyusJ and rashadV aren't watching.

Best coach in the country. Just ask GL.

Do you guys mean "expecting" like you'll be mad if they don't win? If so, I'd say lower your expectations. This is one of those games the Gophers shouldn't win.

This may be one of the ones we shouldn't win, but we've dropped some we should win so I would like to see them get it back. MSU is a great club, so there is no shame in a hard fought loss. But another gutless effort where we give the ball away more than any team has in a B1G game in the better half of a decade would be a real body blow to the fans.

Top Bottom