Gophers’ 21 turnovers Saturday, worst in five years in a Big Ten game

point guard????

that is what happens when you can't recruit a point guard. maybe a couple more athletic small forwards and 7'-0" projects will help.

OK, it WAS as bad as it looked.

What did the color guy say on the broadcast - both teams were treating the ball like nuclear waste. My wife got a kick out of that line.

that is what happens when you can't recruit a point guard. maybe a couple more athletic small forwards and 7'-0" projects will help.
Ya cause Mav, Cobbs, Dre and Welch are "athletic small forwards and 7'-0" projects"

Tubby seems to be running out of excuses... This team really doesn't have anyone that can protect the ball while creating opportunities for other players. That would be the definition of a pt guard. Along with the TO's and shooting less than 70% from the FT line, this is killing this team. Rodney is shooting just over 50% from the FT line. Not enough 'players' to make up for those stats....

OK, it WAS as bad as it looked.

What did the color guy say on the broadcast - both teams were treating the ball like nuclear waste. My wife got a kick out of that line.

My favorite was when the guy said that the Gophers were "getting more second chances than Lindsey Lohan"

Ya cause Mav, Cobbs, Dre and Welch are "athletic small forwards and 7'-0" projects"

The only pg in this group is Cobbs. Because someone is called a pg, doesn't mean they are.

minngg said:
The only pg in this group is Cobbs. Because someone is called a pg, doesn't mean they are.

Cobbs plays SG for Cal if I recall correctly.

Just cause they aren't PGs doesn't make them "athletic small forwards and 7'0" projects"
Also, I'd say Mav is a PG and Dre was recruited to play PG.

Turnovers by our PGs has been a problem most of the year, but they were not the problem Saturday night. 11 of the 21 turnovers came from Sampson, Williams, Oto, and Ingram. When the 4's and 5's are turning the ball over that much, its tough to win.

The PGs turned the ball over just 4 times, which isn't too bad.

Obviously caused by the age of Williams Arena. It even causes problems at away games.

Obviously caused by the age of Williams Arena. It even causes problems at away games.

Clearly the mice, bats, and birds were distracting out players.

Just cause they aren't PGs doesn't make them "athletic small forwards and 7'0" projects"
Also, I'd say Mav is a PG and Dre was recruited to play PG.

Is there anything you don't defend Tubby on???? "Just cause they aren't PGs doesn't make them "athletic small forwards and 7'0 projects", your right it makes them guards who can't play the point. Which leaves us with only two players who actually were PGs Cobbs and Mav. Cobbs left after his Freshman season, that is on Tubby. I don't care if Cobbs was a knucklehead, it isn't like he was a must get talent like Royce, he was a 3 star. That leaves us with Mav who was a last second emergency pick-up and is at best a back-up on a big ten roster

Is there anything you don't defend Tubby on???? "Just cause they aren't PGs doesn't make them "athletic small forwards and 7'0 projects", your right it makes them guards who can't play the point. Which leaves us with only two players who actually were PGs Cobbs and Mav. Cobbs left after his Freshman season, that is on Tubby. I don't care if Cobbs was a knucklehead, it isn't like he was a must get talent like Royce, he was a 3 star. That leaves us with Mav who was a last second emergency pick-up and is at best a back-up on a big ten roster
You clearly haven't seen most of my posts after the NW game.

clearly i haven't... do they contradict your points you made in this thread?

clearly i haven't... do they contradict your points you made in this thread?
Nope, no where have I ever called 3 guards small forwards or 7 footers. However, I did say that the coaches' game plan to attack the 1-3-1 was awful and that we had too many players that were being tentative. Also said unless this team improves A LOT next year it will probably be time to say good bye to Tubby Smith.

Top Bottom