MN or ILLINOIS

book

Reaction score
Probably both teams playing the worst right now in the league. Whos the biggest disappointment? I'd say Illinois since they have twice our talent...

Probably both teams playing the worst right now in the league. Whos the biggest disappointment? I'd say Illinois since they have twice our talent...

Illinois- The only rosters in the Big Ten I'd rather have are Michigan State's and Ohio State's.

Gophers are clearly the second biggest disappointment in the conference.

Yes, but according to many on the forum we have the greatest coach in the history of college b-ball. How can he fail?

He can't recruit - he can't inspire - cant develop players! Other then that - things are great.....And I like the guy.

sadly, its just starting...we're in the death spiral now! Its gonna be Brewster like before it ends.

We wouldn't be nearly as disappointing if we still had Mbakwe. so it is absolutely Illinois.

Ok, how many 4 star recruits has he inked in the last two years? One
If you are limiting his recruiting to the past 2 years, than ya recruiting hasn't been going well. But why are you doing that? Maybe to prove your point?

If you are limiting his recruiting to the past 2 years, than ya recruiting hasn't been going well. But why are you doing that? Maybe to prove your point?

Ralph was a 4 star! Oh yeah... He was better as a senior in highschool than he is now. So I guess that falls under the development part.

Ralph was a 4 star! Oh yeah... He was better as a senior in highschool than he is now. So I guess that falls under the development part.
Ralph was not a 4-star and up until this year he had shown gradual improvements.

zambam said:
Ralph was not a 4-star and up until this year he had shown gradual improvements.

He was according to rivals ... Also the 59th best player in his class.

He was according to rivals ... Also the 59th best player in his class.

That's why I try not to evaluate recruiting based on number of stars or rankings, rather by how many games the team wins with recruits. I won't have an opinion on this upcoming class until I have a chance to see them in the maroon and gold.

He can't recruit - he can't inspire - cant develop players! Other then that - things are great.....And I like the guy.

While I think you can argue the 2nd and 3rd points, the 1st is not true, IMO. He recruited enought good players to MN to have them be a to 10 team. He just could not hang on to them.

Illinois by a landslide. They have given up -we haven't.

tikited said:
Illinois by a landslide. They have given up -we haven't.
I second this. ^ and we are a lot younger than Illinois.

This program is going to be a disaster before Tubby's done. Why would any player with an once of talent - come here? Unless of course you were born in Williams arena - or your transferring schools to be closer to home. As others of said, we're in a bad spot without an AD - but this program is in real trouble.

We have one of the great high school point guards in our midst - does anyone really think we have any chance of keeping him here?

I don't know if he can develop players or not. I tend to think he is OK at it.
I don't know about inspiration. This team talent wise is about right where they are in the standings, so I don't think we've quit.
The recruiting bit? It's tired and played out. If the players he recruited here, were all still here, we'd have one of the better teams in the country.

Cobbs
Joseph
R. Williams
R. White
Mbakwe

-That would be one of the best starting 5's in the country. His problem was that those players left. That might be Tubby's fault, and he definitely deserves blame for that, but that is NOT the same as recruiting.

This program is going to be a disaster before Tubby's done. Why would any player with an once of talent - come here? Unless of course you were born in Williams arena - or your transferring schools to be closer to home. As others of said, we're in a bad spot without an AD - but this program is in real trouble.

We have one of the great high school point guards in our midst - does anyone really think we have any chance of keeping him here?

Lets assume we don't land Tyus Jones. What is the difference (from a Gopher fan perspective) if Tyus Jones is from Apple Valley or from Skokie, Illinois? I hope we get him, but if we don't, our program will still exist. Look at him like icing on the cake. We wouldn't even be in his ear if he wasn't from MN.

Top Bottom