'05 vs. '09

Plinnius

Reaction score
'05 Gophers

'09 Gophers

The profiles of the two teams are strikingly similar: Sterling defense, crap offense. The '05 defense a little better than the '09 D, the '09 offense a little better than the '05 O.

The chief difference is that the '05 team was a much better defensive rebounding team than the current team. I suppose the current team would be helped if DJ could start picking up more of the slack.

'05 Gophers

'09 Gophers

The profiles of the two teams are strikingly similar: Sterling defense, crap offense. The '05 defense a little better than the '09 D, the '09 offense a little better than the '05 O.

The chief difference is that the '05 team was a much better defensive rebounding team than the current team. I suppose the current team would be helped if DJ could start picking up more of the slack.

I know this isn't quite what you're getting at, but the biggest thing that stands out to me is that this time it seems like we're building toward something even better. In 2005, we knew Grier was coming back, but aside from that we had no reason to think 2005 was going to turn into a string of NCAA tournament appearances. All it did was delay the inevitable firing of the coach. That allowed Tubby to fall into our laps, so it wasn't all bad.

Top Bottom