Oh, goodie

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
And now we get a Michigan State team that is playing its best basketball of the season and has absolutely everything to play for, a Big Ten championship and a potential #1 seed.

A lot of times, it's not just WHO you're playing, but WHEN you're playing 'em. We're not getting Sparty at the right time -- if there is such a thing -- and conversely they're getting us at the right time (as are any teams playing Illinois).

SelectionSunday said:
And now we get a Michigan State team that is playing its best basketball of the season and has absolutely everything to play for, a Big Ten championship and a potential #1 seed.

Maybe they'll overlook the Gophers? I mean, they did just lose at northwestern right? No reason to get up for this game boys, just relax, gophers are awful.

IMO, last night was a brilliant move. Act like they suck so MSU will overlook them and replace the okay win with a great win. this is chess, not checkers.

And don't forget we matchup quite poorly with MSU. No one to guard Draymond Green other than maybe EE. We could put Ingram on Green, but how long do we really want Ingram in the game?

I thought top notch programs want to play the best?

And don't forget we matchup quite poorly with MSU. No one to guard Draymond Green other than maybe EE. We could put Ingram on Green, but how long do we really want Ingram in the game?

I thought Rodney played really solid against the big horses like Green & Nix, plus isn't Green injured? I have to look at this game more closely & see what the opening line is but my instinct is this is the type of game the Gophers have no business winning, so they might.

I thought Rodney played really solid against the big horses like Green & Nix, plus isn't Green injured? I have to look at this game more closely & see what the opening line is but my instinct is this is the type of game the Gophers have no business winning, so they might.

He played today against Purdue. Had 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 assists.

To be honest, better to lose to a good msu team than another bottom feeder.

In a way, MSU is a no-lose game. Pull it off and it is wonderful, lose and it is expected.

Gotta think it'll be approximately Minn +8. Gophers have won just two games (2-6) this year in which they were underdogs per the money (@IND +9.5 and @NEB +1).

2nd time in 3 years that MSU got to play at Purdue against a shorthanded Purdue squad that was dealing with adversity. In 2010 it was the game right after Hummel tore his ACL at the Barn, and then yesterday after Purdue was without 2 starters because of suspension or dismissal. With Byrd and Barlow yesterday, Purdue beats MSU.

You don't get to be as successful as Izzo has been without some luck along the way. Wednesday night should be a good one at the Barn. Wish I could go.

With Byrd and Barlow yesterday, Purdue beats MSU.

Perhaps, but don't think I'd go that far after the way MSU looked yesterday & the way they've been playing of late. In the first half Purdue threw everything and the kitchen sink at MSU (on the road), and Sparty didn't flinch. That's a sign of a championship team.

It was good to see Hummel play so well. He looked as healthy as I've seen him in a long time. That bodes well for the Boilers down the stretch, even without Barlow.

Come our from under your rock gofour. Your boy is takin a whoopin again this season.

your boy??? you are both a racist and a non gopher fan. proof is in your own words. the mods should ban you. calling a black person a "boy" is a very negative meaning. likewise, as a gopher fan, every coach we have i like. i don't always like the results but i would never do what you just did, both from a race or gopher fan standpoint. mods please deal with this racist.

hey guys, MSU fan here. Time for the dreaded game at the Barn. I'm a big tubby fan and I really hate playing you guys on the road. Reading this thread i saw someone ask about Green. No he's not hurt he's fully healthy. He tweaked a knee against Illinois and rolled his ankle against Wisconsin but he played very well (at least in the second half) against Purdue. I haven't really followed Minnesota lately, are you guys fully healthy (besides the obvious loss of TM)? How have you been playing lately?

I really hate playing you guys on the road

You probably shouldn't. Last season we were 4-5 at Williams Arena in the Big Ten, and so far this season we're 2-4. Not to mention, Sparty hasn't lost in Minneapolis since the 2005-06 season. What usually happens vs. MSU is we'll compete well for about 32-35 minutes, then Spartacular will find a way to win down the stretch.

You probably shouldn't. Last season we were 4-5 at Williams Arena in the Big Ten, and so far this season we're 2-4. Not to mention, Sparty hasn't lost in Minneapolis since the 2005-06 season.

ya but I hate playing just about all the good teams on the road :)
teams that are playing for their tournament lives @ home can be a real pain in the ass. Look at Purdue. Short handed and by all accounts should have been a much easier win but they came out on fire in the first half and had our defense not locked up in the second could have sprung the upset.

ya but I hate playing just about all the good teams on the road :)
teams that are playing for their tournament lives @ home can be a real pain in the ass. Look at Purdue. Short handed and by all accounts should have been a much easier win but they came out on fire in the first half and had our defense not locked up in the second could have sprung the upset.

Justin- go ahead and light up a cigar. I am a huge homer and I cannot imagine a worse matchup for our Charmin soft Gophers. Please make me be wrong.

Top Bottom