I only saw the first half but...

bleedsmaroonandgold

Reaction score
that was a pathetic effort. I have never seen a team so desperate to give the ball away. This team has no leadership and no pride. I have seen 1-11 football, and have yet to have seen a team exert as little as this team has. Ouch.

Perhaps you missed the 55-0 drubbing to Iowa a few years back under Brewster.

"I only saw the first half but..."

I envy you.

Perhaps you missed the 55-0 drubbing to Iowa a few years back under Brewster.

Nope, saw every minute of that one. Just wasn't remembering it in my stupor after my girlfriends birthday party last night. Rereading my post, I definitely was exaggerating a little (or a lot), but it was really frustrating to see our team come out like that in a game that important. Especially when we had Shurna scoreless and then got him going by giving him a perfect pass to drive in for a wide open dunk.

Nope, saw every minute of that one. Just wasn't remembering it in my stupor after my girlfriends birthday party last night. Rereading my post, I definitely was exaggerating a little (or a lot), but it was really frustrating to see our team come out like that in a game that important. Especially when we had Shurna scoreless and then got him going by giving him a perfect pass to drive in for a wide open dunk.

I fully agree that this is another frustrating season, and I was very frustrated watching the game last night. That said, once Mbakwe went down, I expected a lot of these days. I'm actually surprised they've gone 5-9, in a good way. The team is just too young and inexperienced to win a lot of games this season. I expect a lot of improvement over the next year or two.

You know, if you look at the difference between the Minnesota program, who seems to languish for no reason, and the Indiana program, who fell down and rose back quickly, perhaps it's in the fan base. Minnesota fell and everyone jumped off the bandwagon. The comeback has thus been difficult. Indiana fell and their fans cheered even louder. Now they're back. Everyone wants these quick fixes all the time. Good things just don't happen that way.

I fully agree that this is another frustrating season, and I was very frustrated watching the game last night. That said, once Mbakwe went down, I expected a lot of these days. I'm actually surprised they've gone 5-9, in a good way. The team is just too young and inexperienced to win a lot of games this season. I expect a lot of improvement over the next year or two.

You know, if you look at the difference between the Minnesota program, who seems to languish for no reason, and the Indiana program, who fell down and rose back quickly, perhaps it's in the fan base. Minnesota fell and everyone jumped off the bandwagon. The comeback has thus been difficult. Indiana fell and their fans cheered even louder. Now they're back. Everyone wants these quick fixes all the time. Good things just don't happen that way.

You might want to take a look at the recruiting Crean did.

Top Bottom