Not liking....( Game thread)

Baffling starting lineup. Ralph holds his position in it. Much better to go athletic aginst NW as we see once the subs came in.

Now Ingam in with an immediate turnover. WHY?

Baffling starting lineup. Ralph holds his position in it. Much better to go athletic aginst NW as we see once the subs came in.
Ralph was alright against Shurna. Took bad shots on offense though.

These slow starts to the game are directly proportional to Ralph taking bad shoots and not being able to make chippys.

Two quick TO's on the trap...Jeez, what did you guys work on leading up to the Cats

Man this team has to take care of the frigging bball! In particular the lateral passing is just a give away. At least Welch tries to dribble penetrate, something they must do more of in the second half. Come on!

That wasnt huge...we lost this one early, we wont come back because their killing us on the 3. why do we get trapped in a hole every fhking game. good lord. Ralph go F yourself.

Three things need to change in the second half:
1. Stop giving NU open 3's. It's their only offense.
2. Stop turning the ball over on offense. NU doesn't play that tough of a 1-3-1.
3. Get new refs. They're killing us.

Man this team has to take care of the frigging bball! In particular the lateral passing is just a give away. At least Welch tries to dribble penetrate, something they must do more of in the second half. Come on!

We play scared on offense when we are not pressured and worse when we are. Not a good showing in the first half. Need to start hot in the second- the last shot by Welch was big.

We look like Illinois - bad shooting. to's, giving up 3's ... Why can't we start games ahead for once We atre always 6 to 8 points behind!
I hate the turnovers!!!!! !

It's too bad there is an 8 second delay between the tv and radio

Why am I still a gopher fan? I have never seen so many lazy passes. We are being out hustled again. The coaching staff is sitting there like there at a funeral. The future is suppose to be bright? I have never been less optimistic.

Three things need to change in the second half:
1. Stop giving NU open 3's. It's their only offense.
2. Stop turning the ball over on offense. NU doesn't play that tough of a 1-3-1.
3. Get new refs. They're killing us.

+1
Go small and athletic. Julian, Andre, Austin, Oto and Rodney. No open 3's. Sharp quick passes, don't wait for the trap. Gophers made lollipop passes in the first game but NW did not intercept them.

Yes - I had to turn off both radio and TV sounds to half enjoy the game.

+1
Go small and athletic. Julian, Andre, Austin, Oto and Rodney. No open 3's. Sharp quick passes, don't wait for the trap. Gophers made lollipop passes in the first game but NW did not intercept them.

He should have gone small right out of the gates with that. Instead he goes tall- death against NW who has a much better offensive scheme than us. The one advantage we have on them is athleticism and we decided not to use it.

Did Ralph actually touch the guy with his elbow? It looked like the guy was expecting it and then kept playing. I suppose they have to call it, but man, nothing working on O.

20 minutes to try to save our NCAA tourney chances.

Come on guys! We need this one!!!

Why am I still a gopher fan? I have never seen so many lazy passes. We are being out hustled again. The coaching staff is sitting there like there at a funeral. The future is suppose to be bright? I have never been less optimistic.

This is what happens when players are tentative and afraid to make a mistake- they make mistakes. Tubby was determined that we were going inside to Ralph early. Nice strategy by the book. Except we have no reliable inside game.

Did Ralph actually touch the guy with his elbow? It looked like the guy was expecting it and then kept playing. I suppose they have to call it, but man, nothing working on O.

The *#&$*# guy didn't even have his hands up, thus when Ralph pivoted with the ball held high, his elbow rather slowly contacted not the guy's arms, but his head.

Top Bottom