Wow...Illinois down 19 to Nebraska

Reaction score
16:00 left in Lincoln. Illinois going through the motions. Weber looks perplexed.

“@MedcalfByESPN: I'm not saying that this will happen at Ill., but this is the kind of game that leads to Mon. morning presser to announce coaching change.”

I just said that Nebraska's 36-4 makes our 20-0 run look like a good effort!

I tweeted my Illini friend the same thing, this is the nail in the coffin. The only questions is if he's fired tomorrow, or at the end of the season.

I thought Nebraska had a 40-2 run. 36-4, 40-2, whatever it was, I am kind of an old fart and have never saw anything like that. Hard to turn away from the train wreck.

I'm guessing Bruce Weber regrets not taking the Oklahoma job when he had the chance.

Weber will be fired/resign sooner or later, and that's going to be good for the Big Ten. He has underperformed at Illinois for several years (i.e., since the last of Self's recruits graduated in 2006). But they need to make a good hire & that can be tough to do. Hopefully the AD sees that their program needs a change from the boring style Weber coached (too many games decided in the 30s and 40s for my liking).

Top Bottom