Touble in Boiler land?

scher215

Reaction score
Some tweets on what could be hitting Purdue ...

“@GottliebShow: is there a link? RT @Jfrobash: @GottliebShow News now is that DJ and Kelsey were actually fighting each other. #bubbleteamproblems”

“@Jfrobash: @GottliebShow I cant find one, but my source tells me that Painter plans to address reporters at 11:15. Still looking for another source.”

“@GophersNow: D.J. Byrd showed how valuable he was to Purdue against the Gophers. Big loss if he's disciplined for reported public intoxication arrest.”

Can someone translate the tweeting stuff for me?

Barlow & Byrd got in a fight? Byrd got a public intox? Poor decisions, but if that's all it is, maybe suspend 'em for a game but nothing more? Unless one or both have prior team transgressions we don't know about.

SelectionSunday said:
Can someone translate the tweeting stuff for me?

Barlow & Byrd got in a fight? Byrd got a public intox? Poor decisions, but if that's all it is, maybe suspend 'em for a game but nothing more? Unless one or both have prior team transgressions we don't know about.

No one knows exactly what it is. If it is just Byrd being drunk, suspend him and you're fine. If DJ and Barlow fought each other, you can end up with the famous Vikings schism that can implode a team.

The fighting thing doesn't bother me; the public intox is just stupid.

Fights among teammates, scrapes, whatever we want to call 'em, happen all the time. They always have & always will. We just don't hear about 'em very often. Sure, it's better they not occur, but I don't see an occasional healthy scrape (fists & slaps with no weapons involved) between two teammates necessarily causing a schism. Most athletes, especially athletes at that level, are competitive dudes. Stuff happens, and guys will move on.

It is good to hear about potential problems on other teams instead of our own.

It is good to hear about potential problems on other teams instead of our own.

This statement will put me at risk of setting myself up for a Dr. Don dirty joke, but...

I'm walking around my house right now knocking on anything wooden that I can possibly find.

This statement will put me at risk of setting myself up for a Dr. Don dirty joke, but...

I'm walking around my house right now knocking on anything wooden that I can possibly find.

Gopher It!!!

No one knows exactly what it is. If it is just Byrd being drunk, suspend him and you're fine. If DJ and Barlow fought each other, you can end up with the famous Vikings schism that can implode a team.
You mean the schism that is the only reason Adam Schefter has a career?

Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports just tweeted that Barlow has been kicked off the team.

Top Bottom