Big Ten Tournament

A 6 seed appears unrealistic at this point. Sparty, OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Purdue and probably Indiana all will be seeded ahead of us.

Unless the Gophers do a complete turn-around, they're gonna' be between #7-10. My optimal scenario would be getting the 7 & hopefully drawing Illinois or Northwestern so we could pick up another top-100 win. ... then drawing Sparty or Michigan as the #2 seed. The more opportunities for quality wins (top 100) the better. OSU is the only team I think the Gophers would not have a prayer against, so I'd prefer to avoid their side of the bracket.

Yeah, I agree SS. Unless Purdue tanks (which is unlikely), they'll retain that 6 seed. I like your scenario though! I'm hoping we can capture that 7 seed as well.

Not sure how it will end up but I don't think the Gophers want to play Purdue or Indiana in the first round. Either would be a very difficult first round in Indy.

A 6 seed appears unrealistic at this point. Sparty, OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Purdue and probably Indiana all will be seeded ahead of us.

Unless the Gophers do a complete turn-around, they're gonna' be between #7-10. My optimal scenario would be getting the 7 & hopefully drawing Illinois or Northwestern so we could pick up another top-100 win. ... then drawing Sparty or Michigan as the #2 seed. The more opportunities for quality wins (top 100) the better. OSU is the only team I think the Gophers would not have a prayer against, so I'd prefer to avoid their side of the bracket.

SS- Would it be fair to say that the only scenario that matters in a big way is the one where we are 8-10? In that case we would probably need at least 2 tourney wins to get in and draw is important for multiple factors (ability to win matchup- plus the quality win). If we are 9-9 we are probably in regardless (true?) and if we have a lesser record we would have to win 4 straight so it almost doesn't matter who you play because MSU and OSU are going to be giant roadblocks either way.

Agree on the 8-10 thing, BGA. In all probability we'd need at least 2 wins in Indy to have any chance at an at-large bid.

9-9 can't see any way we couldn't get in. We will have beaten at least 3 quality teams down the stretch (some combination of Northwestern, MSU, IU, Bucky) just to get to that point.

7-11 or worse means win the BTT or bust.

Top Bottom