5 Games To Go....What Does Our Record End Up Being?

sidefx182

Reaction score
We are currently 5-8 and have the following games left:

@NW
Mich St
Indiana
@Wisc
Nebraska

I'm going to say we win 4 out of 5. Call me crazy, but I think it can be done.

My wins are:

@NW
Indiana
@Wisc
Nebraska

That would get us to 9-9 and we would be a lock.

Change my prediction to only winning 3 and replacing @NW and Indiana with Mich St and I think we get in at 8-10 no matter what happens at the B1G Tourney.

We would have nice wins against:

NW, @Indiana, @Wisc, Illini and Mich St.

Thoughts?

I think @NW is a win. Rodney can defend Shurna and they really have no one else. Just have to do better against their zone.

MSU is a loss.

Indiana I think is a win.

@Wisconsin I'd guess is a loss, but we need to win it and Wisconsin can be beat at home.

Nebraska is a win.

I see 8-10 or 9-9 as the final result.

Gotta beat Northwestern Saturday though, that is a HUGE game.

@NW
Mich St
Indiana
@Wisc
Nebraska

My wins are:

@NW
Indiana
@Wisc
Nebraska

Change my prediction to only winning 3 and replacing @NW and Indiana with Mich St and I think we get in at 8-10 no matter what happens at the B1G Tourney.

Thoughts?

I'd like a dose of what you are having. I'm all for it and it is possible!

@NW
Mich St
Indiana
@Wisc
Nebraska

My wins are:

@NW
Indiana
@Wisc
Nebraska

Thoughts?

Per your request, "YOU'RE CRAZY!"

Sticking with what I projected post Mbakwe injury and pre-B1G season. ... 7-11.

Yeah, It is probably just wishful thinking, but I think they are eventually going to get things going. They almost did it against Wisc and started out and finished decent (minus the 20-0 run) against OSU.

In my mind, the only loses in conference they should have this year are:

@Mich
Purdue
@Mich St
Ohio St

All other games:

@Illini
Iowa
@Iowa
Wisc

Should have been wins. They had a chance to win every one of those games. They would already be at 9 wins and a lock for the tourney if they close out those games.

So, I'm hoping that in these final 5 games, the ball bounces our way. Again, I know I warrant the "Crazy" tag.

Yeah, It is probably just wishful thinking, but I think they are eventually going to get things going. They almost did it against Wisc and started out and finished decent (minus the 20-0 run) against OSU.

@Mich
Purdue
@Mich St
Ohio St

All other games:

@Illini
Iowa
@Iowa
Wisc

Should have been wins. They had a chance to win every one of those games. They would already be at 9 wins and a lock for the tourney if they close out those games.

So, I'm hoping that in these final 5 games, the ball bounces our way. Again, I know I warrant the "Crazy" tag.

Every other team could play this game as well......

I am going to guess we finish the season at 8-10. It's going to be an uphill battle to get to 9-9. I think we take care of NW and Nebraska while "stealing" one from the other three.

I'm as optimistic of a fan as there is.... and I'm hopeful we can get to 8-10. I'd be happy with that. If indeed we were 8-10, is it the general consensus that we'd need to win 2 in the B1G tournament to make the field?

6-12 same as last year

but I am told if they would have Nolen last year they would have been better and I am told they didn't have Mbakwe this year so they would have been better. well they did have Mbwake last year and went 6-12 and this year they dont have a PG that at this stage is better than Nolen so having Mbwake would mean they would be about the same this year as last.

I am going to guess we finish the season at 8-10. It's going to be an uphill battle to get to 9-9. I think we take care of NW and Nebraska while "stealing" one from the other three.

this.

For what it's worth, Jerry Palm's CollegeRPI.com site projects the Gophers will finish 18-13 (meaning 1-4 in their last 5) with a #93 RPI heading into Indianapolis.

7-11. Not sure how they are going to do better than that, but I'm hoping they can.

Northwestern played Indiana pretty tough last night at Indiana. Don't expect a cake walk.

I think we'll finish 3-2 with wins over NW, Indiana, and NE. So 8-10 total.

That would probably rank us at 8th or 9th in the conference, which would mean maybe Iowa, NW, or Illinois in the 1st round. Then probably Ohio St. or Michigan st. in the 2nd round. If we finish 8-10 and win the first two rounds, we have a shot of getting in the tourney. A lot of big ifs there though.

7-11. W's vs IU and Neb.

1 less win than I thought heading into the season prior to Mbakwe going down.

RPI Forecast (based on the sagarin predictor) has MN finishing with an RPI of 72 and a conference record of 7-11 with 3 other B1G teams including NU, IA, and UI.

but I am told if they would have Nolen last year they would have been better and I am told they didn't have Mbakwe this year so they would have been better.

You are told these things because they are incontrovertible facts.

well they did have Mbwake last year and went 6-12 and this year they dont have a PG that at this stage is better than Nolen so having Mbwake would mean they would be about the same this year as last.

The Gophers roster is identical to last year. We have added no new players. Furthermore, we play the exact same schedule as last year. Also, every other team we play (and especially the Big Ten teams) has the exact same rosters as last year. Moreover, every player is exactly the same as he was last year. No players have improved. No players have regressed. In addition, every team has the exact same coaching staff as last year, and they all implement the exact same philosophies as they did a year ago.

@Mich
Purdue
@Mich St
Ohio St

All other games:

@Illini
Iowa
@Iowa
Wisc

I don't think it's fair to put @Illinois in there. Yeah, we had that game locked up at the end and should have won, and they had it locked up here and should have won. The two teams stole wins from each other, so I'd call it even.

but I am told if they would have Nolen last year they would have been better and I am told they didn't have Mbakwe this year so they would have been better.

You are told these things because they are incontrovertible facts.

Now HERE is an example of a LIE. While most everyone WOULD expect them to be better, to claim an unknowable circumstance is an "incontrovertible fact", is a lie.

Now HERE is an example of a LIE. While most everyone WOULD expect them to be better, to claim an unknowable circumstance is an "incontrovertible fact", is a lie.

Wrong again there, sport. The Gophers were much better in most statistical categories with Nolen last year, just as they were much better in most statistical categories with Mbakwe this year. They were, by definition, better. They would have been better, on average, in the latter part of the season had neither player been injured. Notice how I never stated that they would've won more games (though they almost certainly would have). You have a problem with words, don't you?

And, while we're on the subject, making predictions on things that haven't happened or never could cannot, by definition, be lies. In case you hadn't noticed, I was being sarcastic with the use of the word "fact" to be humorous. Obviously, predictions cannot be facts, also by definition. Those who aren't simpletons can grasp the difference. On the other hand, taking incorrect, verifiable information, and presenting it as fact, is by definition, lying. I really should be charging you a fee for all of the free education I'm giving you today.

The Gophers roster is identical to last year. We have added no new players. Furthermore, we play the exact same schedule as last year. Also, every other team we play (and especially the Big Ten teams) has the exact same rosters as last year. Moreover, every player is exactly the same as he was last year. No players have improved. No players have regressed. In addition, every team has the exact same coaching staff as last year, and they all implement the exact same philosophies as they did a year ago.

dpo, glad to see you found the sarcasm that was meant in my post. sometimes it is hard to figure out when someone is being sarcastic on a message board.

I just asked Siri and she said the Gophers are a Sweet 16 team.

Top Bottom