Who is more upset? Illini or Gopher fans?

sidefx182

Reaction score
Both teams are sitting with the same record (5-8) if they can't beat Purdue.

I would have to say it's the Illini fans right? I mean, they were ranked, haven't had many injuries or guys missing time. I would have to think that Weber will be given his pink slip if they don't make the tourney and win a few games in it.

Both teams are sitting with the same record (5-8) if they can't beat Purdue.

I would have to say it's the Illini fans right? I mean, they were ranked, haven't had many injuries or guys missing time. I would have to think that Webber will be given his pink slip if they don't make the tourney and win a few games in it.
If Illini fans expected to make the Elite Eight, they are more delusional than mingg.

I agree, but I think all fans expect their teams to win the whole thing. I can't knock them for that. Did I think Illinois would make a deep run? Not at all, but they should be more upset than Gopher fans with the way the season has turned out.

I agree, but I think all fans expect their teams to win the whole thing. I can't knock them for that. Did I think Illinois would make a deep run? Not at all, but they should be more upset than Gopher fans with the way the season has turned out.

Have they had injury issues like we have? I honestly don't know, but even if they did, I'd still say Illini fans. This is probably arguable for some people, but it's more or less a better program than Minnesota (higher expectations).

If Illini fans expected to make the Elite Eight, they are more delusional than mingg.

I never expected anything from this team. How are they like me? Illini fans should be more upset than us because they beat us because we took a two point shot, down three points with 3 seconds left.....no wait......

We sat by a couple of Illini fans attending the game last night. We bonded over our disappointments. They're asking the same questions we are.

Illinois has solid recruits. No injuries. And yet a huge collapse. No way they aren't more disappointed.

Losing 7 of their last 8 games has been a surprise. Especially when you consider the talent on the team. Their last two wins though were msu and osu. Definitely Illinois being more disappointed.

Minnesota goes from 0-4 to 5-8..... promising after a crap start.
Illinois goes from 4-0 to 5-8..... just plain old demoralising.

I've never been impressed with what Weber has been able to do with his talent. He'll be out after the season.

He'll be out after the season.

I would think if Illinois makes the NCAA Weber will be granted a reprieve. Otherwise, he's done.

Illini.

No contest.

I picked the Goph's to get 6 BIG wins after Trevor went down. Some picked the Illini to be in the top 1/3 of the BIG.

Illini.

No contest.

I picked the Goph's to get 6 BIG wins after Trevor went down. Some picked the Illini to be in the top 1/3 of the BIG.

You are correct. Hell, some (CBS I believe) had them being the regular season B1G champ. It is surprising how much they have fallen off though.

If you have a chance and can find Bruce Weber's postgame press notes (illinoisloyalty.com probably has them), Weber sounded like a defeated man. It was really, really bad.

Top Bottom