Spoke with an Ohio State fan about the game

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
A buddy of mine grew up in Columbus and is a die-hard Buckeye fan (and an educated one at that). Here are his observations: He thought "the tall lanky kid (Elliason)" was impressive and thought he did a much better job than Sampson on defense. Thought RSIII was a joke on defense. Thought the highlight was when "the European kid (Oto)" shook Sullinger for a dunk (I missed the game so I didn't see it). Thought Tubby looked like he seriously didn't care at times. Was confused by the substitution pattern and has never seen anything like it. Got routinely confused as to which Hollins kid from Tennessee was which.

That Oto play was solid: He got the ball in the corner, threw a fake to get Sullinger in the air, drove baseline and dunked. And 1. To your buddy's comment about Tubby looking like he seriously didn't care at times, that's kind of open to interpretation I guess. Dakich made a comment about how he hadn't ever seen Tubby that frustrated (during the 20-0 run) in a game.

Overall, appreciate the input. It's nice to have friends who are fans of the opposing team that you can have a civilized postgame discussion with.

That Oto play was solid: He got the ball in the corner, threw a fake to get Sullinger in the air, drove baseline and dunked. And 1. To your buddy's comment about Tubby looking like he seriously didn't care at times, that's kind of open to interpretation I guess. Dakich made a comment about how he hadn't ever seen Tubby that frustrated (during the 20-0 run) in a game.

Overall, appreciate the input. It's nice to have friends who are fans of the opposing team that you can have a civilized postgame discussion with.

Agreed

It's nice to have input from fans of opposing teams, but am I the only one that likes it when those fans actually show they have some knowledge of the team?

It's nice to have input from fans of opposing teams, but am I the only one that likes it when those fans actually show they have some knowledge of the team?

The higher the level of basketball knowledge between two people, the higher the quality of the discussion. Methinks.

Same chance you take with Gopher Hole.

Top Bottom