The game was tied 12-12 afrer a Dre 3....

Reaction score
and then Tubby did his 5 for 5 switch with the exception of Dre. Al McGuire never believed in multiple substitutions because the guys were coming in cold off the bench. In Al's words: "As a coach I want my starters to work up a good sweat so they can establish a rhyem" IMO, we lost some mo...thoughts?

Actually I think the game score was 15-12 when he brought 4 guys in. Time left in the half was just under 15 minutes. Ralph had just picked up foul #2. Dakich had just commented on how Rodney didn't close out on a shooter at the top of the key and thought Rodney needed some pine. I think Buford was the shooter and it might have been on a switch. Anyways, it ain't gonna change. You know that, I know that. For what it's worth, the only players with heavy minutes were Rodney, Austin, Andre, Elliot and Oto.

Actually I think the game score was 15-12 when he brought 4 guys in. Time left in the half was just under 15 minutes. Ralph had just picked up foul #2. Dakich had just commented on how Rodney didn't close out on a shooter at the top of the key and thought Rodney needed some pine. I think Buford was the shooter and it might have been on a switch. Anyways, it ain't gonna change. You know that, I know that. For what it's worth, the only players with heavy minutes were Rodney, Austin, Andre, Elliot and Oto.

Rodney was slow closing out on at least a few occasions. Not a great effort in that respect or on the boards from him last night. We need him to play bigger, stronger and more vigorously for us. He's been so much better and is capable of being so much better.

I guess we shouldn't see how teams are going to match up with our players at all, especially when we have a roster of streaky scorers.

I think it was the players on the floor but also just as important was our inability during the 20-0 run to make any adjustments defensively. I liked him going to a 2-3 zone and some token pressure but he waited way too long to do so. You could see it was in their game plan but..........................

If you guys paid attention you would have seen that EE and Coleman were sitting waiting to come in for 2 minutes.

I think it was the players on the floor but also just as important was our inability during the 20-0 run to make any adjustments defensively. I liked him going to a 2-3 zone and some token pressure but he waited way too long to do so. You could see it was in their game plan but..........................

Our biggest issue during the 20-0 run was on offense in my opinion. More possessions ended with a turnover than missed shots. We took seven shots from the field and two free throws, they shot 11 from the field and eight free throws. It's tough to score if you don't even get a shot up.

Edit: By the way, most of the starters were in during the 20-0 run.

Top Bottom