in-bounds plays

A little lower and we might have had a chance to make the game closer.

Can you really complain about it enough when it never improves. I sit there and get beyond frustrated watching us try to inbounds the ball. Every time, the guy who the play appears to be drawn up for makes two screens, and then loops all the way around and his man beats him to the spot every time. It is really hard to watch.

Am I the only one that saw the Gophers score multiple easy baskets off of inbounds plays last night?

physical players

Am I the only one that saw the Gophers score multiple easy baskets off of inbounds plays last night?

In bounds plays are usually about players with enough beef, toughness to set solid picks. EE is about the only pick setter on this team that would slow me down and im old and slow.

Waiting for walker next year, and for these guys to hit the weights..esp austin.

The best at getting the ball in was Westbrook. 2-3 times during his career he threw the ball off the back of the defender and got a layup
Once was against Wisconsin in Madison. Damn I miss that tough little bas-ard

I thought the inbounds play off of Sulkinger was pretty good!:clap:

Speaking of that play......at what point would that be a technical foul? From my perspective it looked like Andre just wound up and smoked the ball right into Sullinger's stomach.

Speaking of that play......at what point would that be a technical foul? From my perspective it looked like Andre just wound up and smoked the ball right into Sullinger's stomach.

I totally disagree with Dakich that it should ever be a technical. Unless you rifle it at a guy's head or groin.

Bouncing it off an opposing player to get the ball out of bounds has been a part of the game as far as I can remember. You're not trying to hurt the guy, you're just trying to make sure he doesn't have time to react and catch the ball or get out of the way.

It was a funny play, but (in my estimation) Andre wasn't trying to hurt or pick a fight with Sullinger, he was just trying to avoid the turnover. Just my opinion, though.

I totally disagree with Dakich that it should ever be a technical. Unless you rifle it at a guy's head or groin.

Bouncing it off an opposing player to get the ball out of bounds has been a part of the game as far as I can remember. You're not trying to hurt the guy, you're just trying to make sure he doesn't have time to react and catch the ball or get out of the way.

It was a funny play, but (in my estimation) Andre wasn't trying to hurt or pick a fight with Sullinger, he was just trying to avoid the turnover. Just my opinion, though.

I don't think he was trying to hurt him either....but it wasn't just bounced off his leg or whatever...he rifled it at him with some zip. I think you are right though based on intent, he wasn't throwing it trying to hurt him.

For what it's worth, Andre Hollins secured the #6 spot on Sportscenter's Not Top 10 list. Schweet.

Top Bottom