A look around CBB, who ya got?

mcd6184

Reaction score
So I took a look around the league and kind of separated some teams out from contenders, could be contenders, busts and sleepers.

http://www.stobblog.com/2012/02/figuring-out-20112012-college.html

I did get a shot in on the Gophs, but honestly as much crap as I've given Tubby in other thread (tubby has to go thread I think) he has done a pretty good job with a banged up squad in keeping them on the bubble.

So I ask you Gopherholer's who are your contenders, could be's, busts and sleepers as you look at the season up to this point and towards the stretch run and into conference tourneys? Then, who is your pick to win it all right now if you have to pick right now and since I am making you pick right now you have to pick....right now?

Mine -

Contenders:
Kentucky
Cuse
Ohio State
UNC

Could Be:
Mizzou
Duke
Kansas
Florida

Busts:
UConn
Indiana (what?...read the article for explanation)
Xavier
Memphis

Sleepers:
UConn (again? yes...again explanation in link)
Butler
Florida State
Temple

Winner if I had to pick now:
Syracuse

Say what you want about Indiana being a bust because the Gophers beat them. The Gophers are still the only team this year to go into Indiana and win. And as you pointed out, they have played some pretty good teams at Assembly.

Say what you want about Indiana being a bust because the Gophers beat them. The Gophers are still the only team this year to go into Indiana and win. And as you pointed out, they have played some pretty good teams at Assembly.

No doubt, it has been a tough place to play.

I just like ripping the Gophers, sometimes it is justified...other times it isn't. At the time though the win was kind of shocking, but they have come so far back to earth since I think we now see that win isn't as great as it was once thought to be.

Win tonight and the Gophs have my attention for sure.

I think the championship is Kentucky's to lose. I like Syracuse though as good competition.

My sleeper pick is Louisville. They play very good defense, which will keep them in any game with a chance to win.

I don't think a lot of people are picking the Gophers to win tonight. I am, but that's me, I think they are going to win every single game. I'm drunk off of homer punch.

So the post is about who do people think will win it all? Well, right now I'd have to go with Kentucky...and it almost makes me throw up saying that...but they are good.

My sleeper would have to be Mich St. Are they a true sleeper? Not really, but going into this season this was regarded as one of Izzo's weaker teams. They have proven a lot of people wrong so far.

I think the championship is Kentucky's to lose. I like Syracuse though as good competition.

My sleeper pick is Louisville. They play very good defense, which will keep them in any game with a chance to win.

Louisville is a nice sleeper, I was laughing last night at the beginning of that game as I wrote up this thing yesterday with my pick being Cuse and then thought, "great make my pick and they lose that very night".

Kentucky will be tough but I've seen it all too often with Calipari's freshmen led squads falling in the tourney to have confidence in them.

I think Kansas is a contender with those two big men they have. Robinson is a freak. If Taylor can limit his turnovers, they certainly can beat anyone.

I like Kansas, too, especially if they get placed in the Midwest Regional (St. Louis). Kind of a different year for the Jayhawks. Not as talented as they usually are & by its standards expectations were pretty low, yet Jayhawks are putting together another typical KU season.

Still think OSU is the only Big Ten team capable of making it to the Final 4. Sparty will be in every game because of Green and the way they play D, but Appling turns it over too much for my taste. But if Appling can get that fixed. ...

Busts: Syracuse (they'll run into a 3-point shooting team that can handle their zone), UNC (Tar Heels seems a little fragile + no D) and Memphis (RPI tiger, not that good).

Sleepers (at least Sweet 16): Gonzaga (Zags due for an Elite 8 type run), Temple and Michigan (well coached, style of play, shooters, good PG)

If I had to pick now: Kentucky, but UK isn't the clear favorite it's being made out to be. Wildcats can be had.

Sleeper - Louisville? They had the Orange down with 2 to go and made one bad decision after another! Can you fix stupid?

Sleeper - Louisville? They had the Orange down with 2 to go and made one bad decision after another! Can you fix stupid?

Not to sound like a D***, but just wanted to toot my own horn a bit here.

Top Bottom