Lady Gophers up 16 on #15 Nebraska

Was 40-24, now down to 42-37... the infamous 2nd half collapse is coming...

BTN 17:00 to go.

Buford and Banham show.

Thanks for posting this. I turned it on to watch the end.
Gophers win 64 -58. Clutch shooting and rebounding to pull away at the end. Can Banham play for Tubby?

Banham is is really good....................Lindsey Whalen part 2.

Thanks for posting this. I turned it on to watch the end.
Gophers win 64 -58. Clutch shooting and rebounding to pull away at the end. Can Banham play for Tubby?
Men's basketball > Women's basketball
Just sayin'

Fun game for a team not going anywhere. Buford and Banham really the only two players who standout. Tonight both had "A" games at home and that equals upset

Fun game for a team not going anywhere. Buford and Banham really the only two players who standout. Tonight both had "A" games at home and that equals upset

Its too bad that's the case. They should be congratulated on a great win, but it is tough to see the inconsistency of a team with enough talent to beat OSU and Nebraska but this far out of contention for an at large bid. With their ability to beat the top schools, no reason a conference tourney run should be impossible.

Contention for an at large bid? This team won't even be invited to the WNIT with a sub-.500 record so far. They play Illinois at home (should win, lost to them in Champaign) and at Ohio State and Penn State, the top 2 teams in the conference, both likely losses. That would put them at 14-16 needing a run in the Big Ten Tournament (which has happened once or twice ever). I really wonder how good this team would be if Kayla Hirt hadn't torn her ACL before the season, would've provided a much needed post presence.

That's why I said they are out of contention for an at large bid. I realize the only way in is to win the B1G tournament.

Buford seems to go into "funk" during road games. You would probably expect that from a underclassman, but not a senior. The gal that is interesting although raw as hell is Nicole Ritchie. She is from Canada and you can see she hasn't played enough high level BB. Last night though she literally layed the Nebraska girl out on a screen; pretty funny. Right now she kind of like a bull in a China shop.

Ll

As inconsistent as this team is, I'm not about to wager any money, but we definitely have a chance to win the Big 10 tourney. A key would be a couple of the top teams getting upset in their first game since I don't see the Gophers winning two in a row against the likes of OS, PS, Purdue, or Nebraska. Unlike the men's teams, they have a player who can make a play when needed and can even carry a team, even if she's only a freshman. If Buford is hitting her shots, the Gophers backcourt is almost as tough as Hill and Sammy.

Top Bottom