Nickname's

long suffering fan

Reaction score
I know that most of the Gopher nation could care less if the University of North Dakota (UND) get's to keep there nickname or not. Personally I really do not care and somewhat tired of hearing about it.

With that said, I am very disappointed in hearing that the U of M for stated it would be impossible for them to play UND in hockey or any sport if the nickname does not change. I have thoroughly get great enjoyment when the gopher's beat the Fighting Sioux. Point being this is a great rivalry that will suffer with the league changes, little lone state you will not play a team based on their nickname, if this is the case I suggest that we leave Florida, Notre Dame and any other school that has a nickname that references ethnic back grounds off the schedule.

It would be refreshing to see other schools stand up to the NCAA and tell them they have much bigger problems than nicknames.

In addition, can anyone tell me if the NCAA has a penalty for schools playing UND with the current nickname?

I say the hell with the whioux. And no I have no constructive comments for this thread.

I know that most of the Gopher nation could care less if the University of North Dakota (UND) get's to keep there nickname or not. Personally I really do not care and somewhat tired of hearing about it.

With that said, I am very disappointed in hearing that the U of M for stated it would be impossible for them to play UND in hockey or any sport if the nickname does not change. I have thoroughly get great enjoyment when the gopher's beat the Fighting Sioux. Point being this is a great rivalry that will suffer with the league changes, little lone state you will not play a team based on their nickname, if this is the case I suggest that we leave Florida, Notre Dame and any other school that has a nickname that references ethnic back grounds off the schedule.

It would be refreshing to see other schools stand up to the NCAA and tell them they have much bigger problems than nicknames.

In addition, can anyone tell me if the NCAA has a penalty for schools playing UND with the current nickname?

As with any NCAA problem the University will pay the NCAA off and be done the the issue!! see Ohio State, UNLV, Florida State, Miami, just to name a few. So, all you need is mo money!!!

Top Bottom