All Things Class of 2013

Reaction score
As of right now, we have 3 scholarships open for 2013... who are we gonna get? I have heard many names...

high school ball on ESPN 2 tonight has a bunch of kids we should know the names of. Dematha vs Gonzaga

Onalaska SG Matt Thomas is certainly a 2013 target of the Gopher staff. Sounds like a Gopher assistant is at Onalaska's game this evening. The Gophers are in the mix in that recruitment, as is Virginia, but I believe it will ultimately come down to UW and Iowa St.

To get Kyle Washington and Matt Thomas would be huge gets. Those too are probably the most realistic highly touted recruits we can wish for. Chris Monter had an interview with Juwan Parker a while back. Alex Foster is another pretty well regarded recruit that we offered early then most (brownie points). I think Chris had an interview with him too.

Kyle Washington - Rivals (3 stars) Scout (NR) ESPN (4* 92)
Matt Thomas - Rivals (3*) Scout (3*) ESPN (3* 91)
Juwan Parker - Rivals (3*) Scout (4*) ESPN (3* 90)
Alex Foster - Rivals (3*) Scout (3*) ESPN (3* 91)

Well most of Fred's talant is transfers, will see what kindof team he has in a couple seasons (If he isn't back in the NBA yet)

Well most of Fred's talant is transfers, will see what kindof team he has in a couple seasons (If he isn't back in the NBA yet)

Check his incoming recruiting class before you talk. Fred is a smart cookie. To recruit you have to have a winning program. The transfers are winning and he is recruiting some good talent.

minngg said:
Oh, I forgot, unless you are a blind homer like you, you can't be a Gopher fan. What are you like 12?
Blind homer? No I'm just not full of negativity like you. Tubby Hater.

Our record is negativity. You just fail to see the truth. Read Souhan's column today. He isn't a blind homer either.

Do you expect Tubby Smith to recruit better than Fred Hoiberg at Iowa State?

I think it would be pretty hard to defend bringing in lesser talent/losing recruiting battles to Iowa State. Negative outcomes usually garner negative responses. Hopefully, that won't be the outcome and Tubby brings in at least one 4 star kid in the 2013 class as we were one of the few in the conference who will not in 2012(as it stands so far).

They really need to land a center, if Jones isn't a realistic possibility for 2014 a PG would be nice.

Top Bottom