Badgers Hoops IQ Defense Superior

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
I could sit here and criticize Tubby for his poor record in end of game situations and drawing up another play that wound up producing yet another air-ball....sigh...Or I could get on Rodney for the key missed FT's...sigh...Or Ralph for being a wimp...seethe...But I'm not gonna do that.

Instead I'm gonna give the Gophers great credit for not quitting and grinding out a tremendous comeback to force the OT. Probably their best effort of the season so far and one of my favorite comebacks in Gopher history. They really got gritty there down the stretch and played with discipline and smarts.

But once they tipped it up in the OT, it was apparent, we simply aren't at the Badgers level, especially when it comes to Basketball IQ and their Defense. I hate the way they play, but you can't argue that Bo Ryan maximizes their potential and their players rarely make mistakes other than missing the occasional shot.

Both teams deserve credit for giving us a great game...Wisconsin were just a little smarter and better. I can live with the result. I think our players will learn a great deal from games like last night's and hopefully they can apply the same grit and determination in the NIT this year and have a deep run.

Moses87 said:
I could sit here and criticize Tubby for his poor record in end of game situations and drawing up another play that wound up producing yet another air-ball....sigh...Or I could get on Rodney for the key missed FT's...sigh...Or Ralph for being a wimp...seethe...But I'm not gonna do that.

Instead I'm gonna give the Gophers great credit for not quitting and grinding out a tremendous comeback to force the OT. Probably their best effort of the season so far and one of my favorite comebacks in Gopher history. They really got gritty there down the stretch and played with discipline and smarts.

But once they tipped it up in the OT, it was apparent, we simply aren't at the Badgers level, especially when it comes to Basketball IQ and their Defense. I hate the way they play, but you can't argue that Bo Ryan maximizes their potential and their players rarely make mistakes other than missing the occasional shot.

Both teams deserve credit for giving us a great game...Wisconsin were just a little smarter and better. I can live with the result. I think our players will learn a great deal from games like last night's and hopefully they can apply the same grit and determination in the NIT this year and have a deep run.

Wow. For as much crap as you've gotten, this is an excellent post.

Tubby mentioned at his radio show that older players are more mature, understand scouting reports, and have a higher IQ than younger players. Not because they are smarter, but because they put in the study work and have that experience. I think the Gophers will get there, but being a younger team vs a more veteran team (especially a sr point guard) certainly has its disadvantages.

Actually you just did.

Top Bottom