Post game thoughts

I hope after this Tubby gives Dre more time. Coleman ineffective til he can do anything other than drive, why not play Dre?

What we are missing is a point guard that can control the game at the end. We do not have that on the team.

Nothing heart breaking about it. Rallied against a better team and had a chance to win at the end. Just didn't make a play. Not sure what more you can ask for.

Dre looked pretty good.
Ya but I wouldn't call him a PG. If we want him to play PG, play him at SG with the starters and PG with the second-unit. He's the scorer we need, I think.

Dre made one shot at the end and did not control the game as Taylor did. Give him a year or two and maybe he will get there but not right now.

Me thinks Tubby doesn't understand how important it is to beat your border rivals. Clem did, Dutch did, and even Mussleman went after Al McGiure at Marquette. I remember Dutch saying when he was doing color with Dick Bremer. "Some of bad games are quickly forgotten when you beat Iowa
and Wisconsin" That doesn't enter Tubby's mindset, and sadly, it never will.

Another gut punch. This is the type of team we have to beat at home. I liked the decision at the end of regulation, though I might have set a pick on Taylor because Wisconsin was switching. Would have liked to see Dre keep going towards the basket and try to draw some contact, great hustle by Austin to get the ball and then get up a second shot in that situation.

Really disappointing performance in overtime with the Gophers failing to score for so long. Outside of not scoring to end regulation, the biggest moment of the game for the Gophers was Rodney going to the line down 2 and missing both. If he simply makes one of two, the Gophers would have had the ball again in a one possession game, instead the Gophers are down four the next time they get the ball and never even threaten the rest of the way.

It was good to hear the Barn loud and see some glimmers of hope from the Hollins boys, but it's extremely disappointing to lose that game. It was unfortunate that Wisconsin shot so well in the first half, they have a lot of holes on that squad and it's hard to be impressed with their talent.

Me thinks Tubby understands. Getting it done is another subject.

Think we could hire Tim Brewster to recruit for tubby? Just sayin.

Not that it makes anyone feel better now but the Gophs did win 3 straight vs Wiscy not too long ago so its not like they never beat their rivals or dont understand the importance of it.

We seem to play better on the road, so maybe payback at the Kohl Center? At least Julian manages to hit all his 3's on the road.

I think winning 8 games is the aim now and we'll just be sweating it out on selection Sunday.

I agree that we need a point who can control the game a little better at the end there. Dre hit some big 3s, but our offense was in disarray most of the time in the 2nd half/OT. There's a couple other things that I took away from the game:

-The Grinch must have drilled it into his players' heads this week that we fall for every pump fake you throw at us. Throughout the game any time Becky had a somewhat contested look, they would pump fake, we would fly in the air, and they would draw a foul or get a better look. It was painfully obvious all game long.

-Ryan Evans killed us.

-The two shot clock-beating prayers (for lack of a better term to describe the situation) that Taylor and Brust hit in the first half were the difference in the first half.

-Our late push was very impressive for such a young team, the defensive pressure through that same period was even more impressive.

-If there was any question over the past few games, the scouting report on Joe Coleman is officially out. Until he can develop some sort of offense other than putting his head down and driving towards the hoops, he's going to struggle to be effective.

-When they watch film of this game between now and when we go to Madison, I hope the team sees how much fun Taylor was having. He was laughing and smiling throughout the entire game. That needs to fire our guys up.

When we have 3 and 4 year guards that are Jr's and Sr's we will be alright. Losing all of that talent over the past couple of years really hurts at the end of close games.

Think we could hire Tim Brewster to recruit for tubby? Just sayin.

Not that I think Tubby has recruited well in recent years, but do you think the Badgers put better talent on the floor? I think the Gophers are more athletic everywhere and that the Badgers had the best player on the court in Taylor and execute much better as a team.

badgers are much more disciplined and execute better. Their defensive intensity allows them to be in every game, even when their offense goes sour for 5 minute stretches... the gophers are more athletic with a coach who really should retire.....

Bo Ryan 10 years at UW. 14 NCAA wins

Tubby 5 years at UM-0

It doesnt take a genius.

Tubby 5 years at UM-0

It doesnt take a genius.

Tubby did a couple of really screwy things in the overtime. Called his last timeout with well over a minute to go. Then they let 24 seconds or so go off the clock on a possession (we were down 4) and then foul. You have to either foul right away or not foul at all and that foul was on purpose.

I hope after this Tubby gives Dre more time. Coleman ineffective til he can do anything other than drive, why not play Dre?

Remember a month ago when Tubby was an idiot for not starting Coleman from day 1? When the last time he scored a point? Miuch St exposign his weakness & his lack of defense have squashed the JC talk.

Tubby did a couple of really screwy things in the overtime. Called his last timeout with well over a minute to go. Then they let 24 seconds or so go off the clock on a possession (we were down 4) and then foul. You have to either foul right away or not foul at all and that foul was on purpose.

I think what I'm about to say might be the possession before the one you're talking about, but we made a pretty foolish foul down four with about 1:08 left in overtime after Becky had run about 10 seconds of possession. I would have liked to see us pick up a stop on that possession. We had been stopping them consistently for the past 10-15 minutes of game time, and even if they ran the clock all the way down, we would have had the ball with 40 or so seconds left, still down 4. Admittedly I'm kind of splitting hairs here, but because we fouled when we did, we were all of a sudden down 6 with a minute left. Made it even tougher on ourselves.

They were unconscious from the stripe in OT anyways, so who knows what difference it would have made.

Tubby 5 years at UM-0

It doesnt take a genius.

4-3 advantage Ryan over Tubby. Makes you wonder how Bo can get out-coached with superior teams by Tubby almost half the time?

Tubby told them to foul and they didn't.

Top Bottom