STrib: What makes for a good point guard?

Jones: "Definitely Chris Paul. He just makes the right play, takes what the defense gives him. As a passer, Rajon Rondo. He's a phenomenal passer. Now that Rubio is in Minnesota, I watch him every chance I get to see how he sets up the offense and how he makes passes and makes the easy play."

I am sure Tubby will love seeing that considering he coached the guy.

A lot of good pg's in Minnesota. I am sure Tubby loved not having one.

Must say as a Gopher men's basketball fan that the first thing that popped into my head when I saw Page 1 of the Strib this morning was, "What's missing here"?

Hopefully Tyus takes care of that 3 years from now.

Must say as a Gopher men's basketball fan that the first thing that popped into my head when I saw Page 1 of the Strib this morning was, "What's missing here"?

Hopefully Tyus takes care of that 3 years from now.

Ain't happening.

Ain't happening.

We'll see. A couple good seasons might change that. If we're as good as I think we'll be in 2 seasons then Tubby can pitch "We've got Dre Hollins coming back next year, but we need a PG to back up Hollins & then run the show for 3 years."

I don't think Tyus being a backup for a year would be a good pitch, nor do I think he would ever even be a backup for us. Tyus will start from day 1 if he comes here. I like Andre, but if Tyus comes here he's going to have to switch to the 2 guard and probably play point only when Tyus is out.

I don't think Tyus being a backup for a year would be a good pitch, nor do I think he would ever even be a backup for us. Tyus will start from day 1 if he comes here. I like Andre, but if Tyus comes here he's going to have to switch to the 2 guard and probably play point only when Tyus is out.

I don't think that would be too much of a problem.

scools12 said:
your defense of all things Tubby makes me wonder if you are in fact FOT.

Good try. Sorry for finding the positive for the Gophers in what Tyus' said? How's this ...

Bahhhh gopher suck!!!! Bahhhh Tubby Sucks!!!!! Bahhhhh I hate everything!!!!

Good try. Sorry for finding the positive for the Gophers in what Tyus' said? How's this ...

Bahhhh gopher suck!!!! Bahhhh Tubby Sucks!!!!! Bahhhhh I hate everything!!!!

a little sensitive? didn' say anything sucked.

Hilarious stuff. Tyus Jones a backup for a year. Good god, have you seen the kid play? He will start as a freshmen at Duke or NC or MSU. He could start for the Gophers today. As a sophomore in HS he is better than Andre Hollins will ever be a pg.

Hilarious stuff. Tyus Jones a backup for a year. Good god, have you seen the kid play? He will start as a freshmen at Duke or NC or MSU. He could start for the Gophers today. As a sophomore in HS he is better than Andre Hollins will ever be a pg.
I actually agree with this post. The kid is phenomenal.

Skills wise yes, but not even close to being physically ready.

WILLBGOPHER said:

I kind of disagree. He is already 6-1 or 6-2. And if you are smart and crafty enough of a player you can make up for the strength difference.

Today he would be the best player on MN's team. As a skinny sophomore in high school. The kid is so good he makes everyone on the team better. Physically ready? He will get stronger but right now he would be a top Big Ten pg.

scher215 said:
I kind of disagree. He is already 6-1 or 6-2. And if you are smart and crafty enough of a player you can make up for the strength difference.
Let's not fool ourselves - He has so much talent that he could start ahead of Dre right now.

Top Bottom