Tubby Smith Big10 Teleconference Comments

scher215

Reaction score
Tweets from Marcus:

Tubby said on today's Big Ten teleconference that the only surprising thing about Big 10 season so far is MN not competing for the title.

Gophers also hadn't seen Chip Armelin play in person before offering him a scholarship because it was so late in the recruiting process.

They wouldn't have had a scholarship for Armelin if Justin Cobbs hadn't transferred to Cal. Tubby couldn't remember Cobbs' name. Ouch.

Tweets from Marcus:

Tubby said on today's Big Ten teleconference that the only surprising thing about Big 10 season so far is MN not competing for the title.

Gophers also hadn't seen Chip Armelin play in person before offering him a scholarship because it was so late in the recruiting process.

They wouldn't have had a scholarship for Armelin if Justin Cobbs hadn't transferred to Cal. Tubby couldn't remember Cobbs' name. Ouch.

I think their might be some expectations next year to be in the chase, especially if they can finish strong this year and win some of the close games that are bound to occur in the next couple of weeks.

They got lucky with Armelin then, he has more potential as a scorer than anyone, if he could just correct those occasional laps on defense, he plays pretty tough when he is focused but he tends to lose his man on occasion.

Chip is showing that he has the ability to be a very good "microwave" player. What will be key for him, is to become an upperclassman who can come in and do that every game. I'm optimistic.

Very interesting. I wonder how close he was to doing something else besides playing basketball at the U.

P.S. Love the name, citywok.

Top Bottom