Nebraska post-game thoughts 2/5

I like this team so much more with EE in the game.

Feels good to win one we're supposed to win.

Keeps this team relevant for a little while longer. I like it!!!

It seems that teams have adjusted to Coleman's offensive game. Take away his driving lanes and force him to shoot. Great game by Chip off the bench. Julian is still an enigma. I love EE's energy and defense.

If we could get Chip and Coleman playing well in the same game it would be a big plus for us.

Solid Big Ten road win - Chip and EE were critical in the last 12 minutes.

HUGE game on Thursday.

Go Gophers!!

Nice win. Would have been nice to get two this week, but we're still alive. Beat the Skunks!

If we could get Chip and Coleman playing well in the same game it would be a big plus for us. Solid Big Ten road win - Chip and EE were critical in the last 12 minutes.

HUGE game on Thursday.

Go Gophers!!

I was thinking the same thing. Fortunately two more years together.

54% shooting and a 29 to 20 rebound edge - good stuff. I thought Ralph actually played a good game today especially towards the end with his 2 slams. I think the reason we all get so frustrated with him is that we see the talent but not the consistant effort. EE played well today but he is a liability at the free throw line.

We held a great free throw shooting team to only 13 free throws hitting 12. Assist to turnover for us 18 to 14 with Julian having 4 of them. He also missed 2 key free throws again down the stretch which continues to be a concern. Tubby took him out during the last minute becasue of it. Shoots 83% for the year but very poor in the clutch. Tubby needs to hire a sports psychologist to work with him.

Nice win! Nice to hold on to it in the end. We need 4 more. Figure Nebraska and Northwestern are our best shots for w's. We need to take one from the Badgers and one pull an upset somewhere else. We do have Indiana at home.

Nice to see us shoot decent from 3 again, 7/17. However 8/15 from the free throw line is disturbing. Good win though, beat Wisconsin!

It seems that teams have adjusted to Coleman's offensive game. Take away his driving lanes and force him to shoot. Great game by Chip off the bench. Julian is still an enigma. I love EE's energy and defense.

Michigan St was the end of the party for Joe. They put Draymond Green on him so he was unable to muscle his way to the hoop. Had to settle for outside stuff & he doesn't really have a jumper right now. He'll still be a very good player for us, but for now his weaknesses have been exposed. Time to hit the gym & work on the J.

If we could get Chip and Coleman playing well in the same game it would be a big plus for us.

Solid Big Ten road win - Chip and EE were critical in the last 12 minutes.

HUGE game on Thursday.

Go Gophers!!

Respectfully disagree. Both units need a scorer & that's why they're better when playing separate imo.

Respectfully disagree. Both units need a scorer & that's why they're better when playing separate imo.
He didn't say play at the same time, play well in the same game. If they are both playing well with the different units that's great.

LOVE EE! Can the team find 4 more wins? What has happened to Coleman the last two games? Gaurds have to dribble drive the lane and create.Thank god for Armelin doing this and creating, otherwise the offense was pass around the perimeter and shoot a 3.

Nice win, more progress today. Even Tubby haters are starting to admit there is some young talent on this team. The future looks pretty bright imo. Next year we're a tourney team & should actually win a game in it if we get one of either Trevor or Rodney back & the following year we should be very good. Elite-8 good.

2012-2013...

C- Eliason R-Soph
PF- Walker R-Soph
PF- Trevor R-Sr (If he comes back ?)
PF- Williams Sr (If he comes back ?)
SF- Oto R-Soph
SF- Coleman Soph
SG- Chip Jr
SG- Austin Jr
PG- Welch Sr
PG- Dre Hollins Soph
PG- Maverick Jr

2013-2014...

C- Eliason R-Jr
PF- Walker R-Jr
SF- Oto R-Jr
SF- Coleman Jr
SG- Chip Sr
SG- Austin Sr
PG- Dre Hollins Jr
PG- Maverick Sr

He didn't say play at the same time, play well in the same game. If they are both playing well with the different units that's great.

Yea, I actually was thinking of them playing separately as we need both of their styles and production represented on both units.

Go Gophers!!

Nice to see us shoot decent from 3 again, 7/17. However 8/15 from the free throw line is disturbing. Good win though, beat Wisconsin!

Other than Welch at the end, I'm not too worried about the misses at the free throw line. 5 of the 7 misses were from two of our worst shooters (EE and Chip). Much more disturbing is the fact we shot just 15 free throws and a hand full of them were at the end when NE was fouling.

Other than Welch at the end, I'm not too worried about the misses at the free throw line. 5 of the 7 misses were from two of our worst shooters (EE and Chip). Much more disturbing is the fact we shot just 15 free throws and a hand full of them were at the end when NE was fouling.
Wait, is EE actually worse than Rodney now?

LOVE EE! Can the team find 4 more wins? What has happened to Coleman the last two games? Gaurds have to dribble drive the lane and create.Thank god for Armelin doing this and creating, otherwise the offense was pass around the perimeter and shoot a 3.

The scouting report is out. Stay in front of him and let him shoot from the outside, don't let him drive to the hoop.

Still, if you need free throws at the end the only two dependable are the a Hollins kids and maybe Sampson.

Don't we need five wins (that'd be 5-2) to finish 10-8 and be tourney bound?

The thought is 9-9 gets us in.

I think we need 10-8 to be a shoe-in, 9-9 and 8-10 have us on the bubble in my opinion, with 9 wins being on the right side of the bubble and 8 on the wrong side.

On an unrelated note, I have been under teh impression that the committee doesn't seem to put much weight in the conference tourney games, can anyone speak to that?

I think we need 10-8 to be a shoe-in, 9-9 and 8-10 have us on the bubble in my opinion, with 9 wins being on the right side of the bubble and 8 on the wrong side.

On an unrelated note, I have been under teh impression that the committee doesn't seem to put much weight in the conference tourney games, can anyone speak to that?
Penn State got in last year, I think, on the back of their tourney run. We got in a couple years ago on the back of a tourney run.

I think each situation would be different.
In a lot of cases the conference tourney winner gets an automatic bid.
A team that may be on the bubble could play themselves in if they don't win but have a strong finish.
( Like losing in the championship to a strong winner of both the conference and conf. tourn )

Most important is how you finish the season.

The selection committee has said many times they pay more attention to the last 10 games than the first 10.
Most teams are playing a lot of cupcakes the first part of their schedule unless in a early season tourn.

They figure teams playing good at the end will provide better and more exiting games.

I think each situation would be different.
In a lot of cases the conference tourney winner gets an automatic bid.
A team that may be on the bubble could play themselves in if they don't win but have a strong finish.
( Like losing in the championship to a strong winner of both the conference and conf. tourn )

Most important is how you finish the season.

The selection committee has said many times they pay more attention to the last 10 games than the first 10.
Most teams are playing a lot of cupcakes the first part of their schedule unless in a early season tourn.

They figure teams playing good at the end will provide better and more exiting games.
When it comes to the NCAA tournament, if a conference has a tournament the winner of the tournament is the team that receives the automatic bid. In all cases.

Top Bottom