2012 class

GG07

Reaction score
I don't like our 2012 recruits. Where are our point guards or centers that we desperately need? Our team is going to go downhill.

we need point guards (plural) and centers (plural)? you sure you're on the right board or are you talking about borton's team?

a center and a pg are probably the last positions that tubby needs in this class.

I don't like our 2012 recruits. Where are our point guards or centers that we desperately need? Our team is going to go downhill.
Tubby looks at the roster different than you, clearly. He sees Andre Hollins, Mav, and Welch at PG. That's 3. Not a need. And really you think we need a center? So you're just going to ignore Mo and EE? What we need is a PF, not a center. And good for you you don't like these recruits. College head coaches do.

Explain why we need another center compared to a power forward?

I don't know why you don't like the class. Unless you've seen them in person I don't know why you don't like them. They both have good offer lists.

Ellenson - Minnesota, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Utah, Nebraska, Cal Poly, Dayton, Duquesne, Green Bay, Holy Cross, Milwaukee, Northern Illinois, and Illinois-Chicago

Buggs - Minnesota, West Virginia, Marquette, Clemson, Arkansas, Charlotte, Seton Hall, and Santa Clara

On paper do you like Kill's recruiting class?

Kill's recruits average amount of BCS offers other than Minnesota: 1.074
Tubby's recruits average amount of BCS offers other than Minnesota: 3.5

I don't know why you don't like the class. Unless you've seen them in person I don't know why you don't like them. They both have good offer lists.

Ellenson - Minnesota, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Utah, Nebraska, Cal Poly, Dayton, Duquesne, Green Bay, Holy Cross, Milwaukee, Northern Illinois, and Illinois-Chicago

Buggs - Minnesota, West Virginia, Marquette, Clemson, Arkansas, Charlotte, Seton Hall, and Santa Clara

This information is not factual.

Gopher Warrior said:

Jesus, you do this every time someone posts these lists. Why don't you get over yourself and prove it. How can one guy be so freaking arrogant all the time?

No offers are ever factual.
Free throws bore you.
Mbakwe should be in jail.
GW is a genius.

We get it.

GW has also said that Colton didn't have an offer from Florida.

GW is the only person that knows which offers recruits have more than the recruits themselves.

It does no good to get into details.

The various recruiting information out there today has a lot of value and much of it is spot-on. However, there is a fair amount of information that is non-factual and/or outdated. Offer lists do not come straight from the horse's mouth (i.e. the school that has offered).

I'd concentrate more on the player as a person and what they may be able to do on the court when trying to explain why you think they are a good addition to the program, rather than on what schools the offer list you've read includes.

There are plenty of reasons to be excited about Ellenson and Buggs joining the program that are more relevant than who else had offered them.

GW is the only person that knows which offers recruits have more than the recruits themselves.
GW said Florida didn't offer Colton. Colton said Florida offered. GW must be right.

GW said Florida didn't offer Colton. Colton said Florida offered. GW must be right.

From Ryan James at the time:

During the summer numerous coaches came to watch Colton work out at the end of July and the biggest name that drew attention was Billy Donovan as the coach of the back-to-back national champion Gators offered Iverson and became quite interested. That interest led to Iverson's visit last weekend. "My trip to Florida was real good," Iverson stated. "I hung out with the players, played with them, talked with the coaches, hung out with the coaches and it was just a good visit. I liked the fact that the players were all great guys, good to hang out with and the visit was very comfortable for me."

But since Iverson's trip to Florida circumstances have arisen to Colton no longer being interested in the Gators because they are likely bringing in another player. That player could be Augustus Gilchrist, a 6-foot-9, 230 pound power forward who is a four star player by Rivals.com ranked as the 54th best recruit in the nation.

It was thought that Gilchrist was going to prep school but it sounds like he may be able to get into Florida after their first semester of school. But at this point nothing can be confirmed as details are still sketchy. Gilchrist did get released from his Letter of Intent at the end of last May after the tragedy at Virginia Tech.

It could very well be factual, but the likelihood that the more prominent schools would have signed these players is slim. Most schools offer more scholarships than they have available as backup plans in case the guys they are really after sign elsewhere.

It does no good to get into details.

I'd concentrate more on the player as a person and what they may be able to do on the court when trying to explain why you think they are a good addition to the program, rather than on what schools the offer list you've read includes.

There are plenty of reasons to be excited about Ellenson and Buggs joining the program that are more relevant than who else had offered them.

I realize that there are many many more relevant ways than who else has offered them. If you haven't seen very much video or seen them in person, looking at their offer list is one of the only ways to get an idea of how good they are.

3 star players are not often going to have offers from the likes of UK, Duke, Kansas etc.. Finding enough of these types of players though is the great equalizer. I give you Butler, George Mason and VCU etc, primarily all 2 and 3 star players top to bottom. I think these 2 will fine additions to the roster but don't expect a whole lot in their freshmen seasons.

3 star players are not often going to have offers from the likes of UK, Duke, Kansas etc.. Finding enough of these types of players though is the great equalizer. I give you Butler, George Mason and VCU etc, primarily all 2 and 3 star players top to bottom. I think these 2 will fine additions to the roster but don't expect a whole lot in their freshmen seasons.

Agreed. That's why I'm so impressed with Joe and EE. At times they don't play like freshmen.

Something is only factual if Gopher Warrior says it is.

GophersOnTheRise said:
Something is only factual if Gopher Warrior says it is.

Yep. He doesn't need to support it either. What I'd really like to know is why we are not likely to make the tourney this year or next. I still think we'll be in this year. But after watching these guys come together without Mbakwe, I think making the tourney next year should be a minimum expectation. I think they'll be pretty damn good. Rodney leaving could be the one thing to really affect that.

Yep. He doesn't need to support it either. What I'd really like to know is why we are not likely to make the tourney this year or next. I still think we'll be in this year. But after watching these guys come together without Mbakwe, I think making the tourney next year should be a minimum expectation. I think they'll be pretty damn good. Rodney leaving could be the one thing to really affect that.

If Rodney wants guaranteed money he comes back. Either way we go to the dance.

If Rodney wants guaranteed money he comes back. Either way we go to the dance.

I think Rodney could make an NBA roster on his freakish Athletic Ability alone. He won't play the 4 in the nba though so he needs to show some handles and jump shooting improvement. He does that he could go first round. I still contend he can make a roster based on his potential and he's not a bad kid. No character issues. The right team could invest a few hundred thousand for 2 years and have a hell of a player.

Rodney may never have more than a brief NBA career athletic ability does not a NBA player Make Rodney can make some coin overseas potential and 5 bucks will get you starbuckss

Don't we currently have 3 pg's on the team, with none graduating after this year? We're fine at PG for now.

We could use another C, but there's just not that many 7' players who're worthy of a scholly & want to be Gophers.

Rodney may never have more than a brief NBA career athletic ability does not a NBA player Make Rodney can make some coin overseas potential and 5 bucks will get you starbuckss

Someone had a long night of drinking

Top Bottom