PRE NEB game discussion

Reaction score
What happened to Joe Coleman against Iowa? I looked like an idiot (please be kind GH) saying he would be a difference maker breaking the Iowa zone. Yet he remained on the perimeter and never warmed up to the game. The IA zone did not seal off penetration - rather, dribble penetration was rarely attempted. I hope that was just a one game aberration.

NE is not the cupcake it may appear. They play physical, have size and slow down the game. It is the type of match up that if the Gophers allow NE to dictate tempo, forcing half court offensive sets, MN will be in trouble, may bog down again, may be prone to the one forced shot as the clock expires, as NE has a size/bulk advantage inside. Alternatively, if the Gophers speed up the game and play responsibly with the ball, eliminating the nightmarish unforced errors, the Gophers can win comfortably.

More than anything, Gophers must play with urgency and if they do, MN will come away with the W.

I agree with just about everything in your post. I too wondered why Joe had such a poor game....thinking his development the past three weeks would be the difference. That was one frustrating game.

Many posters have predicted the gophers to fold and have a repeat of last year....I don't see that happening. I think they will come out hungry tomorrow and win the game by 6-19 points.

Gophers went incredibly passive after the IA game was 45-35 and the Gophers failed to score in the final 3 minutes, stuck on 59. The half court set they employed was out quite high, but there were back cuts available, which must be recognized when available against NE.

What happened to Joe Coleman against Iowa? I looked like an idiot (please be kind GH) saying he would be a difference maker breaking the Iowa zone. Yet he remained on the perimeter and never warmed up to the game. The IA zone did not seal off penetration - rather, dribble penetration was rarely attempted. I hope that was just a one game aberration.

NE is not the cupcake it may appear. They play physical, have size and slow down the game. It is the type of match up that if the Gophers allow NE to dictate tempo, forcing half court offensive sets, MN will be in trouble, may bog down again, may be prone to the one forced shot as the clock expires, as NE has a size/bulk advantage inside. Alternatively, if the Gophers speed up the game and play responsibly with the ball, eliminating the nightmarish unforced errors, the Gophers can win comfortably.

More than anything, Gophers must play with urgency and if they do, MN will come away with the W.
Count me in the same boat.

Top Bottom