Chip Scoggins column on Oto: College hoops not his only adjustment

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Nice read...I'm surprised we haven't seen more profiles like this written about Oto over the last two years as he certainly has had an interesting path here. The only other really in-depth piece was an interview that Nadine did a while back.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/138689299.html

Go Gophers!!

It's not so unusual to have a player come to the U without proficiency in English. Some leave that way, too.

Loved the part about learning to speak a lot of English by watching TV....especially the show "friends.". Good story. He seems like a nice kid.

Loved the part about learning to speak a lot of English by watching TV....especially the show "friends.". Good story. He seems like a nice kid.
I wonder if he like uses the word like...y'know like alot when he's like conversing.

Or "how you doin?"

It's not so unusual to have a player come to the U without proficiency in English. Some leave that way, too.

Not only leave the U that way, Fan, but many other colleges as well...several still display it here on GopherHole.

Ignorance is bliss, and there are a lot of happy people out here in the real world. :)

This might have been the most interesting story I have read in the Star Tribune about the Gophers this season. It was certainly the first story where I felt like I learned something.

Very good Human Interest story by Chip. A great example of setting difficult but achievable goals and working to get there. Keep it up Oto!!!

Top Bottom