Ticket Prices and Premium Seating

swanyj

Reaction score
Hello to all. I know a lot of people are upset about this premium seating situation (me included). I became even more upset at looking at and hearing about some of the ticket prices at our fellow conference schools. We sit at one of the most expensive ticket prices in the conference and are now being asked to pay a per seat charge. We can not stand for this! Listed below (although not perfect) is some of the information that I have found. Please add/correct anything if you have further information.

Team Single Game Ticket Season Ticket Comments
Illinois $25 – 40 $428 – 637
Northwestern $27 $224 Regular Reserved – 47% of Single Game price for Season ticket
Purdue $28 $394 Also Required to pay $100 per seatUpper Arena
Wisconsin $24 – 26 $418 – 456 Contributions required of $50 - $300 per seat
Nebraska $10 – 35 $99 – 396 Donation unspecified for best seats. $99/$10 are for bench seating
Ohio State $20 – 50 ??? Could not find info on donations or season tickets
Michigan $15 – 30 ??? Could not find info if they have donations or season ticket cost
Penn State $15 – 18 $200 No Donation required
Michigan State $15 – 32 $260 – 560
Indiana ??? ??? ???
Iowa $10 – 25 $296

The prices above are ranges and do not include the prices for student seats. I realize there may be flaws/missing information in this but the basic fact is that we are already paying premium prices for the tickets. For the Gophers we pay single tickets of $25 - 45 and I believe the season ticket was $645 although I can not remember exactly.

We can not stand for this any longer. Make your feelings known.

P.S. - Sorry for the messy information. I was not sure how to make it look any better.

News flash, living in a big city is more expensive than a college town

Pardon my ignorance, I was out of state for a long time....what is the process for a potential season ticket holder? What's my first step? When can I buy season tickets? What will it cost me for 2 seats? What are the upgrade options/prices? Also interested in Gopher hoops season tickets if anyone can help educate me. Any help is appreciated.

I never said that the other schools did not have it. All I mentioned is that our base ticket prices are much higher than the other schools. I also looked at other BIG city schools and their ticket prices are also lower than ours. So for parity with the premium seating our ticket prices should be adjusted as well. But all the U cares about is getting more money so they can pay off all the mistakes Maturi and others have made with U Athletics. I certainly do not want to pay for those.

If you want to just sit back like sheep and stand by and fork over your money be my guest.

I am not sure why you are getting so upset and taking the time to defend something that is costing more money. Maybe you just do not care about your money.

BTW, your data is a little skewed.

You reference $25-$45 ticket prices. That's the face value of a single ticket.

If you buy a season ticket, the average price per ticket for a Gopher game in 2011-2012: $30.71.

Top Bottom