Attn Barnyard (And everyone else) Next Home Game: Wisconsin.

scher215

Reaction score
I don't want to overlook Nebraska, but that game is on the road and the next home game is the hated Badgers. Coupling a road win at Nebraska (Hopefully) with a home win against the ranked badgers would be tremendous even for Tim Brewster.

Now, I know a few barnyard members post here and I am not sure how plausible this idea is, but here it goes.

One of the biggest knocks on the student section is lack of creativity and it isn't always easy to get "creative" on the spot during games.

This is something that Bill Simmons started last season for Celtics home playoff games. Via Twitter he had people submit good chants about whatever team the Celtics were playing and worked to get them actually started during the game.

So, everyone please take a break from the Tubby bashing, Maturi leaving, season over rants and lets come up with some good chants/cheers/signs to insult and demean the skunks.

Please keep them PG so we don't get any angry e-mails from coach Smith and maybe our posters from the barnyard can find appropriate times to get them started during the game.

I know even as an alumni, I will be sitting as close as possible in the student section for this game and ready to cheer as loud as possible to take down the Badgers.

Throw dead skunks on the court.

Someone dressed as the grinch.

More Animals

Booze

"Let's play hockey" - at the ginger

"Boring"- every skunk offensive possession

"Who is that?" - (I have no idea who these stiffs are, seriously)

"Taaaaaaampons" In reference to their uniforms

lmao I love the boring chant when Wisconsin has the ball. That'd be pretty funny.

Tampons could be done pretty well as well.

All very good suggestions. Like it.

Some kind of boring chant would be hilarious, especially if it could be heard on TV.

"Give it to Jordan" Taylor, who then will whip up a crappy shot as the shot clock expires.

Something about Bo Ryan's cussing at refs. Sign like "Do you kiss your Mama with that mouth?!"

zambam said:
Something about Bo Ryan's cussing at refs. Sign like "Do you kiss your Mama with that mouth?!"

I feel there is a way to tie this in with the orbitz commercial/slogan ...

It would be a good idea to get this going, but it doesn't really seem like the student section has a head cheer leader. If someone could contact the kids that sit in the first row I think it could work. Whenever I am in the student section a lot of the kids around me act like it's a round of golf. I've even had kids give me bad looks for yelling on defense...

I'm all for counting the seconds of badger possessions, jeopardy theme, etc

Maybe a watch your language chant?

Declare the barnyard to be whoville for the day

I'm all for counting the seconds of badger possessions, jeopardy theme, etc

Maybe a watch your language chant?

Declare the barnyard to be whoville for the day
Jeopardy theme would be great! I think that would even get some of the other fans going. It's so simple.

It would be a good idea to get this going, but it doesn't really seem like the student section has a head cheer leader. If someone could contact the kids that sit in the first row I think it could work. Whenever I am in the student section a lot of the kids around me act like it's a round of golf. I've even had kids give me bad looks for yelling on defense...

The middle of the student section starts more of the cheers, more students in a very close proximity to each other. Plus have a little (or a lot) of liquid courage

Whenever I am in the student section a lot of the kids around me act like it's a round of golf. I've even had kids give me bad looks for yelling on defense...

Gotta agree with this. This is the root of the problem - an overall lack of knowledge for the whole section about how to be a daunting (yet rule-abiding) home crowd. Unfortunately, to change most of this atmosphere, I feel like it will take a fresh new season.

I admittedly haven't been in the student section for a few years now, but whenever I was there it was a rowdy crowd. My freshman year, when Grier scored more than the Badgers in the 2nd half, I got a good portion of the student section to chant "Brian's the Butch, Stiemsma's the bitch."

Would there be an interest in a hastily thrown together website where barnyard members and other fans could exchange ideas for cheers, taunts, etc for upcoming games?

From the Barn said:
Would there be an interest in a hastily thrown together website where barnyard members and other fans could exchange ideas for cheers, taunts, etc for upcoming games?
That website is already up - its called Gopherhole.

Could just make a facebook page.

That website is already up - its called Gopherhole.

Actually it's not seeing as the students are the ones that would predominately do the cheers and, just taking a stab in the dark, I would say that the ratio of students to elder folk on here is not favorable.

Actually it's not seeing as the students are the ones that would predominately do the cheers and, just taking a stab in the dark, I would say that the ratio of students to elder folk on here is not favorable.

I agree. Make a Facebook page or something, gotta get the word out some how.

I'll do a tumblr deal and a facebook page this weekend.

"The Barnyard Ideas Initiative" shall transform the world!

From the Barn said:
I'll do a tumblr deal and a facebook page this weekend.

"The Barnyard Ideas Initiative" shall transform the world!

Any help or input you may need, I am more than willing to help out. I've graduated already, but anything I can do let me know!

With the intro of the point system and the dead crowd lately, I predict a Wisconsin home game. Sincerely hope that I'm wrong.....

From the Barn said:
First thing I would put in there - when Tyus gets invited back to the Barn by Tubby give another "We want Tyus" chant. He enjoyed it last week.

BTen said:
With the intro of the point system and the dead crowd lately, I predict a Wisconsin home game. Sincerely hope that I'm wrong.....

That wasn't the question ...

So, everyone please take a break from the Tubby bashing, Maturi leaving, season over rants and lets come up with some good chants/cheers/signs to insult and demean the skunks.

My Bad

'Tom Crean spray tans' clap-chant would work. All games, doesn't even need to be limited to the It's Indiana, It's Indiana game.

thoought the F*CK Bo Ryan chant a couple years ago was fairly effective.

Top Bottom