At the top of my bucket list

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
(other than good health for my family & friends)

1 stress-free Selection Sunday where the Gophers aren't having to sweat it out.

All I'm asking for is 1, but more would be appreciated. Is it too much to ask to enter 1 Big Ten Tournament with nothing on the line other than NCAA seeding? Help us out, Gophs. Mix in a few 11-7, 12-6 (or better) seasons once in a while. Even better, reach mid- to late February as a stone-cold lock for the NCAA. Try it once. You'll like it, and so will your fans.

My regards,

SS

Last year was stress free but I didn't like it very much.

Touche. I missed an important caveat. ...

Stress free, while knowing with certainty (i.e. Kansas & Duke, etc.) they'll be in the tournament.

All I'm asking for is 1, but more would be appreciated. Is it too much to ask to enter 1 Big Ten Tournament with nothing on the line other than NCAA seeding? Help us out, Gophs. Mix in a few 11-7, 12-6 (or better) seasons once in a while. Even better, reach mid- to late February as a stone-cold lock for the NCAA. Try it once. You'll like it, and so will your fans.

My regards,

SS

You ask for too little. I'll give you 3. Our sophomore class to be will take us to the dance 3 years in a row. I know on anonymous boards doom and gloom is more politically correct, but I've been a fan for so long I can't help but look at the future. Delayed gratification works for what used to be referred to as the Gopher faithful. Before Tubby's current contact expires, Gopher Basketball will be the toast of the town again.

Always look forward to the future, but I'd more prefer looking forward (to 2012-13) after the current season (2011-12) has concluded as opposed to while the current season is still unfolding. That's too close to the Chicago Cubs' "Wait 'Til Next Year" loser's lament.

The Gophers can still salvage this season, I'm with ya' there.

Let's play the glass half full game.

@Nebraska: Win
vs. Wisconsin: Win
vs. Ohio State: Loss
@ Northwestern: Win
vs. Michigan St.: Loss
vs. Indiana: Win
@ Wisconsin: Loss
vs. Nebraska: Win
1st round Big10 Tourney: Win
2nd round Big10 Tourney: Loss

Final Record: 22-11 in one of the nation's toughest conferences. Wins @Indiana, vs. Wisconsin, and vs. Illinois.

Let's not write them off quite yet.

wels0081 said:
Let's play the glass half full game.

@Nebraska: Win
vs. Wisconsin: Win
vs. Ohio State: Loss
@ Northwestern: Win
vs. Michigan St.: Loss
vs. Indiana: Win
@ Wisconsin: Loss
vs. Nebraska: Win
1st round Big10 Tourney: Win
2nd round Big10 Tourney: Loss

Final Record: 22-11 in one of the nation's toughest conferences. Wins @Indiana, vs. Wisconsin, and vs. Illinois.

Let's not write them off quite yet.

Exactly. I'm not saying that will happen or it will be easy, but it ain't over yet.

Until the # of wins needed exceeds the # of home games left, there is a chance.

From the Barn said:
Until the # of wins needed exceeds the # of home games left, there is a chance.

That's a good way to look at it.

My regards,

SS

IN Tubby's 5th season, this is where the team is......... :cry:

Top Bottom