Will search for new AD get ugly?

station19

Reaction score
Will savegopherfootball.com raise its ugly head and embarrass the U again?

might be a quick search--my money is on the Stonybrook AD following his old boss

As long as the PR department doesn't let Maturi say ANYTHING about the search (i.e. 'Tubby Smith-type hire), we should be fine.

If PrezK has a brain in his head, he will take sole advice from the GopherHole Experts, and make his decision that way.

If PrezK has a brain in his head, he will take sole advice from the GopherHole Experts, and make his decision that way.

Dr. Don, why do you even post anymore? 95% of your posts are sarcastic shots at people that post. If you don't like Gopher fans sharing ideas, analysis and criticisms, why do you bother coming to a message board? What were you expecting to find on GopherHole if not discussion on Gopher athletics?

Dr. Don, why do you even post anymore? 95% of your posts are sarcastic shots at people that post. If you don't like Gopher fans sharing ideas, analysis and criticisms, why do you bother coming to a message board? What were you expecting to find on GopherHole if not discussion on Gopher athletics?

Stan, I can live with constructive criticism with bonafide proof to support ones' opinion. Until then, it is just idle babble.

Stan said:
At first Doc Don bothered me with his anti-Gopherholer/experts posts...but if you try not to take it personal he's actually kind of funny.

At first Doc Don bothered me with his anti-Gopherholer/experts posts...but if you try not to take it personal he's actually kind of funny.

Thanks, parski. What I get a kick out of are the opinions of the GH experts who only have a hard on for certain people, with NO proof to support those opinions. Those experts would get eaten alive in a real true to life debate, because a real debate requires proof to support their positions. It really is easy. If these experts ever get into a real live contest of debate, trust me, those people will not want me for a member of the judging staff.

Dr. Don, I'll Lincoln Douglas your ass any time you want. You name the game, and I'll meet you on the corner by The Barn and we'll Lincoln Douglas debate any Gopher related topic you want. This offer is real, I'll be there, just tell me which game and which Gopher related topic.

Stan said:
Dr. Don, I'll Lincoln Douglas your ass any time you want. You name the game, and I'll meet you on the corner by The Barn and we'll Lincoln Douglas debate any Gopher related topic you want. This offer is real, I'll be there, just tell me which game and which Gopher related topic.
So what does Lincoln Douglasing on somebody's @ss mean? That just sounds so wrong!

So what does Lincoln Douglasing on somebody's @ss mean? That just sounds so wrong!

I'm not exactly sure!! I figure a few beers in each of us and it will end in a debate on who can sing the Rouser loudest.

It is wrong. And Douglasing somebody's Lincoln in public may be illegal. Just stick to the forum fellas.

I thought Lincoln and Douglas debated each other, not the judge.

Can I come?

Save gopher football was upset with the AD.

I would guess that someone will be upset no matter who is hired.

It'll be (choose one):
not the right person for the woman's programs
not the right person for non revenue sports
not the right person for focusing on revenue sports.

Save gopher football was upset with the AD.

I would guess that someone will be upset no matter who is hired.

It'll be (choose one):
not the right person for the woman's programs
not the right person for non revenue sports
not the right person for focusing on revenue sports.

No $hit.

Alright, I will go there. Phil Saunders moves back to MN and starts a Friday basketball show with KFAN. Why? He doesn't need the money, that's for sure. In his mid 50's, is he a candidate for AD? Please limit the scope of discussion to AD not replacement for Tubby.

I don't think they were an embarrassment to the U...Maturi was a train wreck in hiring/renewing coaches and made several significant and costly mistakes...having him in charge of the hire of Brewster's replacement was the embarrassment...from the Brady Hoke fiasco...getting played by Edsal and then hiring Kill almost sight unseen at the last minute.

Thankfully a blind squirrel finds an acorn every so often and Kill is going to be Maturi's...that said, glad he is gone and I pray we hire a bonafide AD with the leadership skills, management and fundraising experience and the strength and fortitude to make the difficult decisions and to ignore any advice or wisdom Maturi tries to pass on during his farewell tour!

I haven't seen Saunders referred to by his original name Phil in a long time. Just doesn't sound right.

You would think that the fourth largest university in the US could find a great candidate and turn this program around.

Top Bottom